Ashfield FC 2016/17

C'mon The Field

Vale of Leven 3 v 4 Ashfield FT 

Amos, Giblin, Murphy & Dymock 

Great game for the neutral I'm sure but difficult to watch at times from an Ashfield perspective.  3v1 down with 20 mins to go and won 3v4 .....amazing really. Hopefully boys will take heart from this and kick on.Always love going to the Vale, great ground and passionate people. Probably thought it was 3 points in the bag but football is a funny game sometimes and an amazing goal by Dymock at the end grabbed all 3 points. Vale will be up there challenging this year I'm sure.

Carluke away next. No easy game but we're up for it that's for sure 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carluke 1v2 Ashfield 

Ashfield scorers: Moulangou, Dymock  (pen)

Tough venue Carluke away, always competitive so needless to say delighted to pick up all 3 points. Carluke went down to 10 men but managed to get the equaliser. Strange penalty the ref awarded for Dymock to smash home but ref denied and earlier penalty claim and a goal chopped off when Brennan was clearly onside when he tucked it away in the bottom corner.

Fine margins in this division, sometimes refs decision can be the difference between winning and losing these days because the teams are very evenly matched in the division 

Enjoyable afternoon at the Stadium named after a Hearts Legend. Thought the `field played extremely well in the early part of the Match and should have been a couple of goals ahead early on. Carluke have a really nippy and skilful front 3 and I recognised the right winger they have signed from Lanark United as he caused us problems last season. Great win as many teams will struggle at this venue this season....`mon the `field !!

DSC03145aaaa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly

Shotts Bon Accord 4 v 2 Ashfield FC 

Ashfield scorers: Rodger, Stevenson 

Good competitive match. Shotts went 3v0 up in first 30 mins with 3 good goals before Ashfield brought it back to 3v2 just after half time with well worked moves. Shotts extended their lead in dying minutes with a long range effort and were worthy winners in the end. Good luck to them rest of the season. 

Pleasing to see 5 Ashfield u21s making impressive debuts and a good sign for the future.

Lanark away on Saturday will be another tough test but hopefully the players can find the same kind of form that showed them so well in the league cup. C'mon the field!

Disappointing result today against a very skilful and pacy Lanark United who have improved from last season. It looked like the `field would come away with something today when Steven Dymock scored his 6th Goal of the Season however it was not to be. Ashfield welcome Gartcairn to the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium next Saturday (8/10/16) in the League before further home games in the West of Scotland Cup v Larkhall Thistle (15/10/16 - 2pm KO) and Stoneyburn in the Scottish Junior Cup (22/10/16 - 2.30pm KO)

DSC01416.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ashfield and St Anthony`s served up a festive cracker at a chilly McKenna Park this afternoon (17/12/2016) with a lot of good Football played in difficult underfoot conditions. The `field buoyed by their performance last week started the game extremely well and went ahead from an unlikely source as Kris Griffin broke clear of the Ants defence to drill a low shot into the net to put the `field ahead. Despite a couple of good chances it was the home side who responded with a terrific goal from Maxwell to square the Match. The `over fussy` Referee utilised his cards to his maximum potential with the visitors being particularly aggrieved with the Official`s first half performance. The second half ebbed and flowed with both teams having chances to win the Match however the Referee ensured he took centre stage sending off Steven Dymock for a second bookable offence in what was an extremely sporting Match.

EVERYONE AT ASHFIELD FOOTBALL CLUB WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL SUPPORTERS, COMMITTEES AND JUNIOR FANS AN ENJOYABLE FESTIVE PERIOD AND THIS CENTRAL LEAGUE DIVISION 2 IS GOING TO TAKE MANY `TWISTS AND TURNS` BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON.

DSC03898ssss.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On a side note lads :- I was sad to hear John " monk" Conlin left your club. I went to school and played in the same school team(s) as monk we also lived a couple of streets from each other. We even went to the same cubs / scouts.

John was team captain and what a defender he was back in the day he could certainly handle himself on the park and off it too.

Haven't seen John in a few years as john then I moved out of our town by the Clyde [emoji6]

Monk could have indeed should have played at a higher level in football. But If memory serves me right monk had problems with his legs. Remember him using a walking stick at times [emoji53].

I remember one game we played in. We were beating 5-4. But monk scored a hat-trick of penalties in that game. Not enough to win the game but still. [emoji1360] ( I scored the other [emoji51]

On 04 April 2017 at 18:07, The clean living guy said:

I read that the speedway had done more work on the ground. Adding a new terracing i think? Hows the ground looking?

The ground is looking terrific at the moment and new terracing has been added at the far corner.

Archived