Ashfield FC 2016/17

C'mon The Field

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, C'mon The Field said:

Going back to the game today, there was a lot of respect between both teams which was admirable given it was a derby. Plenty of speculation these two throwing cash around which is simply not true. It's division 2 football guys we try our best to make ends meet, use the facilities as an incentive and bring experienced coaches in to attract players. It's about time Ashfield and Perthshire made more of a statement and it was well received by the supporters today.

Onwards and upwards :thumsup2

Agree 100% game was played in very competitive and  sporting manner with no little skill,I counted 10 ex Blantyre Vic players from Wee Davie Greigs time plenty of decent players in both squads  

Sectional League Cup 

Maryhill  0 v 1 Ashfield FC 

Ashfield scorer; Moulangou

Thought this was an outstanding game of football with two very competitive teams pushing right til the end to snatch a winner. Thankfully it was Ashfields Chris Moulangou with another superb finish. Great team effort and the biggest surprise was that only one goal was scored in the match.  That said boys in defence deserved a clean sheet for all their hard work :thumsup2

Next up Yoker on Saturday 

Sectional League Cup 

Ashfield FC 1 v 4 Yoker 

Ashfield scorer; Dymock

Sent off for Ashfield;; McGarry, Moulangou 

Some tired legs today and discipline let us down when Yoker went 2v1 ahead in second half. Yoker were taking control of the game and scored well worked goals. Still in with a great chance next week at home to the Bankies. Looking forward to it.

Not trying to put Ashfield down here but in 1st half we were denied a stonewall penalty for handball then Stevie Dymock had a wild late swing at one of our players that went unpunished seconds before he equalised. 2nd half we dominated even before 1st ordering off and should have scored more than we did, including one wrongly called offside, I believe there is photographic evidence the ref got that one badly wrong. Best of luck for remainder of the season. 

Thought better team won on the day and sending offs did not change the fact Yoker were on the ascendancy second half.

What I would say like in every football match we all see things very differently. Dymock handball was fired at him at pace so ref quite rightfully seen it as ball to hand. Agree on the lash out that ref could and should have dealt with it. However... there were several incidents effecting both sides not just what you see with your Yoker goggles :P First sending off was on 60 minutes so yes Yoker dominated for 15 mins leading up to sending off but it was far from a one sided display in the main and I would like to think both teams would respect each other enough to admit that.

In my opinion Yokers second goal was 3 yards offside and later the Yoker player was lucky to stay on the park for lifting his hands. Ref admitted he missed it but red carded our player for similar.

The match was even at half time but like I said Yoker deserved their victory based on second half performance.  So without trying to put a downer on the match let's just acknowledge that Yoker deservedly won and look forward to the final day when Ashfield, Yoker and Clydebank all have a chance of progressing :thumsup2

21 hours ago, C'mon The Field said:

Sectional League Cup 

Ashfield FC 1 v 4 Yoker 

Ashfield scorer; Dymock

Sent off for Ashfield;; McGarry, Moulangou 

Some tired legs today and discipline let us down when Yoker went 2v1 ahead in second half. Yoker were taking control of the game and scored well worked goals. Still in with a great chance next week at home to the Bankies. Looking forward to it.

image.jpeg

Cp0ba6OXEAA0tUx.jpg

Some of the latest signings for Ashfield. Delighted to have on board Defender Alexander Amos (left) GK Stevie Mathers (centre) and Craig Murphy (right)

Cp0cCXnWAAAywGe.jpg

Midfielders Barry Tulloch, Ryan McGarry & Kyle Lochhead 

Cp0chnoWcAAFn_I.jpg

Strikers Billy Stevenson, Stevie Dymock, Barry Rodger & Paul Mallon.

Full squad and team photo in due course. Still a few more potential signings before the League starts.

Looking forward to Clydebank visiting us on Saturday for the decider :thumsup2

Archived