The Celtic (a.k.a 'The Champions) thread 2016/17

Welcome to the thread of the CHAMPIONS.

Our season is now up & under way & with a poor defeat away to Lincoln Red Imps. What is it with new managers getting awful away results in Europe.

The Brendan Rodgers factor resulted in around 13,000 fans turning up to Paradise to greet our new manager...or if you're the typical Aberdeen fan always found lurking on a Celtic thread, you might recognise those numbers as your average home attendance. Anyway, the Rodgers factor has seen a massive surge in season ticket sales as the board have now matched the fans expectations and ambitions by appointing a manager of stature. Many fans will be of the mindset that a manager like Brendan would only come to Scottish football if he was also promised a decent transfer kitty but so far the £500k we've splashed out on Dembele is all we have shelled out. Should then be some more money in the kitty...I mean we have two new shirt sponsorship deals as well as the high uptake of ST's sold.

The best bit of business we've had in the transfer market has been those who have been shown the door. Thankfully we have got rid of a lot of deadwood with the likes of Colin Kazim-Richards, Derek Boerrigter & Stefan Scepovic being among the names to be scrapped off the wage bill. Still many more to go having seen the performance in the Red Imps game, but Rodgers has already said he only wants to sign 2-3 players so here's hoping for 2 big names for the money we should be spending.

My minimal expectations for the season are...

Domestic: league & cup double (preferably the Scottish Cup)...although should be striving for a treble.

Europe: CL group stage...anything past that is a bonus. If this can't be achieved then the Europa League 1/4 final should be our aim.

Here's to 6 in a row my fellow Championees. What's your expectations for the forthcoming season?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My expectations on the forthcoming season, most likely you getting banned at some point Davie. :rolleyes:

League and whitever cup double, if failing that then six titles in a row. :thumsup2

Also would like a title challenger all the way to the last game in the shape of anyone but Ra Gers.

"They all come to answer the call " :lol:

It is only me  and the qc who has commented Ya banger 

And it didn't take long for that wee 4 leaf clover to be shone in the sky before you did :lol:

The Rangers factor is the real reason, Davie.

Was wondering how long it would take for that feeling of self-importance to show up.

The fact 13,000 turned up for Rodgers unveiling & there were no zombies in sight, suggests otherwise.

Anyway...back to the football. Wolfsburg today at Paradise. The rail seating gets used for the first time.

As with most friendlies, I couldn't give a shit about the result....so long as it's not an absolute humping. No injuries & build up the fitness for Wednesday nights game.

12 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Ah when failing to have an answer for a post crops up, resort to petty insults.

Rule No.1 for a loser :lol:

12 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Not bad....just post about the Celtic & they all come to answer the call. Even Forever Spew.

Ooft. A loser yourself 12hrs ago.

You're some bheast, Dave.

5 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Ah when failing to have an answer for a post crops up, resort to petty insults.

Rule No.1 for a loser :lol:

14 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

New season, same old unimaginative bullshit patter.

At least yer consistent wee stains.

Standard.

Archived