Scottish Cup draw at Coldstream

SFA have announced that the draw for the Scottish Cup PR1 and PR2 will be made at Coldstream Museum in the Market Square, on Monday at 6:15pm. Says it is in connection with an exhibition called "Frontiers: The Berwickshire Football Story" and Coldstream FC's 125th anniversary (turns-out they were founded c1890/91 not 1895).

There have been changes to the Scottish Cup format, which means that EOSL clubs - Burntisland Shipyard, Coldstream, champions Leith Athletic - enter here alongside SOSL, Juniors and Amateurs.

Says it's open to the public. That presumably includes Heedthebaa...

http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16400&newsCategoryID=1

Coldstream Museum set to host preliminary round draws

Coldstream Museum will host the draw for the William Hill Scottish Cup preliminary rounds next week as this season’s competition gets under way.

The museum is currently running an exhibition called ‘Frontiers: The Berwickshire Football Story’ which covers the history of the game in the area.

It also mark the 125th anniversary of Coldstream FC, who will be involved in the preliminary round draws.

The first and second preliminary round draw will take place on Monday 18 July at 6.15pm and are open to the public.

Ahhhhhhh a nice story about Coldstream on here for a change hahaha, if there's a free buffet am in HJ 

Hey Heed
Mind and save a seat at the draw for Goblin as he's do keen on all things Coldstream......

Great accolade for Coldstream. Well done.

39 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

dinna forget to boo the juniors when their ball comes out the bag heed! :lol:

I'm taking a dozen eggs and a big f**k off banner wi me hahaha

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Panner said:

Hey Heed
Mind and save a seat at the draw for Goblin as he's do keen on all things Coldstream......

Great accolade for Coldstream. Well done.

I'd say Goblin won't have far to travel to it bud haha. As you say, nice for the town and club. 

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

Burntisland Shipyard drawn away from home yet again. How many times has this happened since the qualifying cup was cancelled?

Is it a mistake it says Burntisland Shipyard Amateurs on the draw or is that the official name?

• 1 month later...

Horror result for Shipyard.

Biggest defeat in the cup since Stirling Albion 20-0 Selkirk almost a third of a century ago and surpasses Airdrie Utd 11-0 Gala Fairydean Rovers in 2011 as the biggest since the new format began in 2007.

Congratulations to Leith on reaching R1 and commiserations to Coldstream.

Leith now only club left not from SPFL, HL, LL or Juniors.

• 2 weeks later...

BS lost 10-0 to Sandys Ams from LEAFA in preseason. Bonnyrigg Rose then beat Sandys 6-1 a week or so later. So it was always going to be a disaster for BS and it was 14 going on 40.

Must be really tough for what looked a very young BS team to keep going like this. They shipped 7 goals to Ormiston last weekend and also lost 7-0 and 4-0 in the opening games of the season and lost to Peebles. Beating Coldstream is the only positive result they have had so far.

Very young side, hopefully they stick it out, take it on the chin and come good in time.

i said at start of season that it will be a hard season and I'm not wrong. The manager can't seem to attract a steady group of players as every week their is at least 8/9 different faces in the team to have a starting 11. He's contacting boys a Friday to turn up to play and if they can't manage asks if they have any mates who can play instead. training is poor due to numbers so can't work on anything, so I hope things get better but a shake up from top to bottom can only be the way forward for the club.

1 hour ago, non_sequitur said:

14-0 was fecking embarrassing it should be a wake up call to chairman that something needs changing club is dying in the east of scotland. Juniors please and local games.

That was from a junior side!!!!!!?

Archived