Title Favourites

paleface

All about opinions and too early too tell what team has made the best signings or is ready to challenge

ek ,es ,spartans,cumbernauld,stirling, etc will all be in there 

role on the start of the season

29 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Shire by at least 10 points. Heard it here first

I have spoken to a couple of people - who know a lot more than I do about the management and squad being assembled at the Shire - and they strongly fancy your side. Beware of pre-season and all that but that is a real stand out result today. 

I think it's going to take some getting used to that we will be favourites for games next season. Still have thoughts in the back of my head that we're going to bottle lots of games and be stuck in this league forever but we'll see how it goes

I have spoken to a couple of people - who know a lot more than I do about the management and squad being assembled at the Shire - and they strongly fancy your side. Beware of pre-season and all that but that is a real stand out result today. 

Yeah, from what I've seen the set up looks like one of the best we've had in years. We've all got boys in who want to play for the jersey and our gaffer.
For once in our lives we actually have a few goalscorers in our team. Plus with Fisher, Buist and young Andy Grant at centre half we have built a pretty strong spine to the team.

It's not often that you're confident as a Shire fan so the prediction could just be over-excitement, I just feel that our squad is as strong as, if not better, than last year and I seen the Edinburgh side who ran away with the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-off again this year.

Here are the odds from McBookies. Level of confidence in EK strikes me as slightly surprising as does the lowering of Dalbeattie and Selkirk being carried back into joint-second-last.

7/4 - East Kilbride
7/2 - East Stirlingshire
5/1 - Spartans, Stirling Uni
9/1 - Cumbernauld
20/1 - Edinburgh Uni, Whitehill
25/1 - BSC Glasgow, Gretna
33/1 - Dalbeattie
50/1 - Gala
100/1 - Civil Service, Preston, Selkirk, Vale
200/1 - Hawick

In the Highland League it's a 3-horse race, with Formartine set as favourites (7/4), followed by holders Cove (9/4), the galacticos of Brora (5/2), followed by a long stretch out to Turriff (16/1).

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Here are the odds from McBookies. Level of confidence in EK strikes me as slightly surprising as does the lowering of Dalbeattie and Selkirk being carried back into joint-second-last.

7/4 - East Kilbride
7/2 - East Stirlingshire
5/1 - Spartans, Stirling Uni
9/1 - Cumbernauld
20/1 - Edinburgh Uni, Whitehill
25/1 - BSC Glasgow, Gretna
33/1 - Dalbeattie
50/1 - Gala
100/1 - Civil Service, Preston, Selkirk, Vale
200/1 - Hawick

In the Highland League it's a 3-horse race, with Formartine set as favourites (7/4), followed by holders Cove (9/4), the galacticos of Brora (5/2), followed by a long stretch out to Turriff (16/1).

East Stirlingshire and Cumbernauld Colts seem good value. 

3 minutes ago, Match of the Day said:

Yes they signed Anderson and a few more too, they have a much improved squad from last year. Brought some good players in defo worth a punt at 33s. I wil try a wee tenner myself

Good player, what's different for them this season compared to the last 3,has there been money pumped into the club  ? 

6 hours ago, Hoofhearted said:

Whitehill seem good for an each way bet. EK will be team to beat, IMHO.

Hoofy that's the nicest thing you've ever said about us :lol: 

Haven't you been reading ... we've got 17 central midfielders, no strikers and Andy Martin is still lost in Tranent ... !? 

Will be very interesting to see how this one goes today. 

Archived