Spartans vs Hibs (last night)

Grim O'Grady

1 hour ago, pep said:

Crikey grim you are coming all Brendan Rogers. The point being cloudy and murrel were natural goalscorers. We have no one close to that standard. 

Admire your optimism but feel you are not willing to admit the true situation. 

See you under your tower ! 

Grims never admitted a true situation regarding spartans in 10 years . It would appear from an outsider that the manager of spartans gets more tolerance owing to the fact he's a "nice guy"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't speak for Sammy about his subs, he's a decent bloke though so why don't you ask him? What I will say is that if he didn't make changes during a match he wouldn't last long as a manager. 

Surely you must rate Dishington as well as Greenhill, throw in to the mix Grinchy, Hovie, Beezer & the new lad Broque, we've plenty of creative sparks. I'd like to see a few more have a crack at goal, I sometimes feel we over play the ball but that just brings us back to what we already know that had we had a striker on a lot more of our chances made would be shots on target/goals rather than passes in & around the box? 

Grimbo 

I don't support anyone in particular mate, but ive watched spartans alot last season and a few times this season but nothing changes..

My point is that the manager is changing players for the sake of it, he surely seen the one upfront wasn't working but made changes to personal but not formation. If it isn't working change the formation and go with two strikers.

I dont think spartans willl ever get out of the lowland with DS in charge as like you said grinbo hes a nice guy!! You dont win things with nice guys.

1 minute ago, Fortherecord said:
2 hours ago, Grim O said:
I can't speak for Sammy about his subs, he's a decent bloke though so why don't you ask him? What I will say is that if he didn't make changes during a match he wouldn't last long as a manager. 

Surely you must rate Dishington as well as Greenhill, throw in to the mix Grinchy, Hovie, Beezer & the new lad Broque, we've plenty of creative sparks. I'd like to see a few more have a crack at goal, I sometimes feel we over play the ball but that just brings us back to what we already know that had we had a striker on a lot more of our chances made would be shots on target/goals rather than passes in & around the box? 

Grimbo 

I don't support anyone in particular mate, but ive watched spartans alot last season and a few times this season but nothing changes..

My point is that the manager is changing players for the sake of it, he surely seen the one upfront wasn't working but made changes to personal but not formation. If it isn't working change the formation and go with two strikers.

I dont think spartans willl ever get out of the lowland with DS in charge as like you said grinbo hes a nice guy!! You dont win things with nice guys.

I never said he was a nice guy, you are misquoting me for your own benefit.

No one is forcing you to come watch us, there's plenty other teams around to go moan about. 

If I felt the same way as you I'd go watch another team too, the fact is I watch us week in & week out & I like what I see most of the time. You name me a team which has never had a bad game or a player that as never gone through a rough patch? Football is not just about winning. I've already made it clear I'm not suffering from the man-yoo disease of just being a glory hunter. I can go down the pub & discuss what was good & where we need to improve after the match. I make no bones about where I go, the Malt & Hops on the Shore, plenty of Spartans fans there if you want to discuss the match, Sammy himself sometimes comes down, he's not shy. 

I've agreed we need another striker, I've said we are looking for one. 

I've stated I'm a Man City fan, the 1 man up front doesn't seem to have done them any harm. 

The next Pilton Aguero is still being developed, just have a bit of patience, in the mean time we will look to bring in from outside, it's a marathon not a sprint. 

Enjoy your match on Saturday, wherever you choose to patronize. 

I'll be at Ainslie Park, I'll be winding up my Gretna pals, who will be giving it back just as much. 

I'm looking forward to watching a decent game of football between 2 decent teams & then going down the pub afterwards to have a laugh & discuss the numerous issues that went on in the game. I'll be the one with the pint glass 1/2 full, you are cordially invited to replenish it at any time. 

Grimbo 

I never said he was a nice guy, you are misquoting me for your own benefit.

No one is forcing you to come watch us, there's plenty other teams around to go moan about. 

If I felt the same way as you I'd go watch another team too, the fact is I watch us week in & week out & I like what I see most of the time. You name me a team which has never had a bad game or a player that as never gone through a rough patch? Football is not just about winning. I've already made it clear I'm not suffering from the man-yoo disease of just being a glory hunter. I can go down the pub & discuss what was good & where we need to improve after the match. I make no bones about where I go, the Malt & Hops on the Shore, plenty of Spartans fans there if you want to discuss the match, Sammy himself sometimes comes down, he's not shy. 

I've agreed we need another striker, I've said we are looking for one. 

I've stated I'm a Man City fan, the 1 man up front doesn't seem to have done them any harm. 

The next Pilton Aguero is still being developed, just have a bit of patience, in the mean time we will look to bring in from outside, it's a marathon not a sprint. 

Enjoy your match on Saturday, wherever you choose to patronize. 

I'll be at Ainslie Park, I'll be winding up my Gretna pals, who will be giving it back just as much. 

I'm looking forward to watching a decent game of football between 2 decent teams & then going down the pub afterwards to have a laugh & discuss the numerous issues that went on in the game. I'll be the one with the pint glass 1/2 full, you are cordially invited to replenish it at any time. 

Grimbo 

Im
Not being patronising grim just stating the obvious.. There is a big difference between man city playing one upfront than spartans mate.

Maybe you just don't understand football if you think its not all about winning at this level.

21 minutes ago, Fortherecord said:

Im
Not being patronising grim just stating the obvious.. There is a big difference between man city playing one upfront than spartans mate.

Maybe you just don't understand football if you think its not all about winning at this level.

I can clearly see you are not being patronising at all, I obviously don't understand football at this level? ;)

I understand as a manager, it's a results based situation but my job is not on the line if we lose because I'm a fan, I've seen out 1 manager here & I'm on my 2nd, both of which I admire for their skill at taking on such a role, I would never dream of taking on such a job.

I can except it if we play well but go on & lose, whilst I support my team to the hilt, I will still applaude the other team if they score a great goal or there's a great passage of play, so it's not all about winning, I love the game. I love the battle of wits between the two managers, like you I can question the stategies of them & wonder why such & such was changed but when something gets pulled off & it's brilliant, you rarely see anyone on here saying "what a stroke of genius from the manager", it's all doom & gloom & too much negativity, I'm not sure if I'm stepping in to racism here BUT I have never encountered so much negativity in my football going life as I've met up here.

Accept it's a very rare team that can win every game.

Grimbo

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:40, Fortherecord said:

Im

Played two up front today scored four goals and after the first goal the result was never in doubt.

7 hours ago, Fortherecord said:

Grim must have picked the team

If I picked the team it's a good job Sammy had some word with them at 1/2 time then, what a contrasting two halves, it was like the opposite of the Manchester derby. 

Thank you McBookies, all profits ended up in the till at the Malt & Hops. 

Grimbo 

Archived