League One Prediction 2016/17

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13 July 2016 at 15:21, Francesc Fabregas said:

Albion Rovers will narrowly avoid ninth and 10th, providing they hold on to Darren Young. Although their squad looks a little poorer than last season's, it would be remiss to underestimate them for a second time. Young's team are fit and organised, and that can make up for a lack of quality.

Why do you think we look to have a poorer squad, Cesc? Only Ally Love has departed, and the boy Ferguson looks like a more orthodox striker. I think we could achieve another mid-table finish, especially when you account for our 10 or 12 gift points from Stenny. ;)

1 minute ago, Bold Rover said:

Why do you think we look to have a poorer squad, Cesc? Only Ally Love has departed, and the boy Ferguson looks like a more orthodox striker. I think we could achieve another mid-table finish, especially when you account for our 10 or 12 gift points from Stenny. ;)

I suppose Ally Love's the only "big name" that's missing from last year, and I don't think he's been adequately replaced (if at all). There's a pretty small pool of players to pick from too, but I cannot and will not underestimate Albion Rovers ever again.

I would happily take relegation right now as long as we were guaranteed one win, just one goddamn win, against the Rovers. I just can't get my head around why we can't beat them ever, regardless of context or circumstance.

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Someone should ask Div to automatically change Stranraer to $tranra£r. 

I've seen this a few times recently and have obviously missed a piece of news. They have been a fiscally prudent wee team (since their boardroom scandal 20yrs ago) so please tell me how they've become so monied.

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

I've seen this a few times recently and have obviously missed a piece of news. They have been a fiscally prudent wee team (since their boardroom scandal 20yrs ago) so please tell me how they've become so monied.

"Good bookkeeping"

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

I think top three will be between Livingston,Alloa,Airdrie,Peterhead and East Five.

Bottom three between Brechin,Stenhousemuir,Albion Rovers and Queens Park.

I'm sure everyone has heard of our sexy, free-scoring style by now but this nickname might be a bit premature.

I don't know much about the teams in this league with us just being relegated into it, Peterhead haven't made many changes so they should be strong challengers, Alloa look like they have a good squad, Airdrie have a top striker in Russell but don't know much about the rest of their team, and Stranraer are looking strong, guessing that will be the main competition to us. Been impressed with East Fife's results in the cup games too, they might well be dark horses.

We've got a good midfield and decent enough strikers, Cadden and Mullin are looking excellent on the wings, but our defence and keeper are a bit dodgy so should see plenty of goals in our games.

Archived