Comedy movies are generally pish

Comedy movies  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, mostly.

Dismayed by the sheer number of pish comedy movies out there.

My hypothesis is that the vast majority of comedy movies are terrible, and are mostly little more than vehicles for over-rated comedy actors - usually the same old c***s.

If that's the rule, there must ne exceptions - what are they?

I say:

Young Frankenstein; and

Blazing Saddles.

If there are loads of exceptions, then maybe it's not the rule.

Monty Python's Holy Grail and Life of Brian, Withnail and I, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Waiting for Guffman, Spinal Tap, Bottle Rocket, Blues Brothers...

Modern ones churned out by "hilarious" nobodies all playing the same role are absolutely brutal, aye.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Modern ones churned out by "hilarious" nobodies all playing the same role are absolutely brutal, aye.

This is pretty much the essence of my grumposity - the main culprits are the likes of Will Ferrell and all that fucking mob.

Brutal, indeed.

This is pretty much the essence of my grumposity - the main culprits are the likes of Will Ferrell and all that fucking mob.

Brutal, indeed.

Anchorman by the aforementioned ferrell has to be one of your exceptions.

If it's not then you've lost the plot entirely and don't deserve to laugh. If it is then the point stands and I'll toast your health.

32 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Anchorman by the aforementioned ferrell has to be one of your exceptions.

If it's not then you've lost the plot entirely and don't deserve to laugh. If it is then the point stands and I'll toast your health.

Anchorman itself could well be an exception.  What else has Ferrell been in?

On 8 July 2016 at 22:36, paranoid android said:

Well, mostly.

Dismayed by the sheer number of pish comedy movies out there.

My hypothesis is that the vast majority of comedy movies are terrible, and are mostly little more than vehicles for over-rated comedy actors - usually the same old c***s.

If that's the rule, there must ne exceptions - what are they?

I say:

Young Frankenstein; and

Blazing Saddles.

If there are loads of exceptions, then maybe it's not the rule.

very subjective, your 'Young Frankenstien' will be Some teenagers 'Bridesmaids 25'

for me ,any Laurel & Hardy , most Mel Brooks ,most Woody Allen after that a few random stupid ones that made me laugh,

Dodgeball, Taladega Nights , The Hangover , KungFu hustle.

I don't think comedy is that much different from any other genre. There's so much utter shite in every single one. As someone who watches a LOT of horror, I can safely say that the shite outweighs the good by some distance.

Just seems that there's a lot more comedies getting major releases these days, and they're pretty hit and miss to put it mildly.

Don't tend to watch comedy stuff, I take my tv more seriously these days.

If I want a laugh I just get the Still Game/Inbetweeners/South Parks on the go.

Most American comedy is utter shite, I actually really like some of Will Ferrells movies, The Other Guys/Step Brothers and a few like Superbad etc but find the rest to be similar to Two and a Half men stuff.

Archived