Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

22 minutes ago, Loki said:

Think it was two years from the tease of the "V" for GTAV until it was released, so maybe not till 2018

I don't think it'll be that long with this game. If they are announcing a sequel then I think it'll be out summer next year.

Theres a few folk suggesting a Spring 2017 release

Its also being said its a prequel, set just East of the where Redemption 1 was.

All just rumours, but a fair chunk of half reasonable sounding people have mentioned the same things.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Great news (hopefully).  I started playing RDR again on the Xbox One a couple of weeks ago.  It's showing its age compared to the Witcher 3, which I've spent most of the last few months on, but it's still excellent.

14 minutes ago, afca32 said:

The summer of 2010 will always be remembered by me for Red Dead and the World Cup.

This is good timing as I just started a new game up on Friday for the first time in almost 3 years.

Same here actually, it was a summer with my pals of Red dead, Fifa tournaments and world cup matches where we got completely blootered. 

I broke my hand playing the game. That Irish bugger kept wiping me out with his shotgun as we were crossing to Mexico. Totalled me 20 times and then I exploded in a rage filled seething mess and punched what I thought was just a normal bean bag. But it was a trap, underneath lay a metal tool box. Snapped my fourth metacarpal.

Finished it a couple of attempts later and never knew it was broken until it was the size of king Kong's paw the following morning. [emoji2]

Like with GTA5 I only ever played Red Dead on the 360 when I came home from the pub.  Would like to see it get remastered for PS4 before Rockstar get their finger out to release the sequel. I sometimes wonder what takes them so long to make a game.

Like with GTA5 I only ever played Red Dead on the 360 when I came home from the pub.  Would like to see it get remastered for PS4 before Rockstar get their finger out to release the sequel. I sometimes wonder what takes them so long to make a game.

Quite simply because good games take time. Id rather they craft it perfectly rather than just smashing average glitchy shite like Assasins Creed or COD each year. There's a lot of expectation with Rockstar games and they have delivered pretty much every damn time in the past 10 years.

On 16/10/2016 at 18:15, Dindeleux said:

Oh aye that's right I forgot about that.

Who can remember the dreadful cowboy game that came out in the early days of the 360? Possibly called Guns?

On 16/10/2016 at 18:54, The Saintee said:

I do. Pretty shite as I recall. It was just called Gun. Anyway, Jack has already avenged John so he can gtf. Prequel with John's old gang would be amazing.

f**k the pair of you, Gun was great fun. The storyline was too short and obviously not in the same league as RDR, but an enjoyable game regardless.

Anyway, the talk of prequel rather than sequel for the next Red Dead makes more sense. If they were to do a sequel with the son a bit older you're looking at setting it in the late 10s or early 20s, bearing in mind RDR finished in 1914, so much better to go back the way.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

f**k the pair of you, Gun was great fun. The storyline was too short and obviously not in the same league as RDR, but an enjoyable game regardless.

Anyway, the talk of prequel rather than sequel for the next Red Dead makes more sense. If they were to do a sequel with the son a bit older you're looking at setting it in the late 10s or early 20s, bearing in mind RDR finished in 1914, so much better to go back the way.

I also enjoyed Gun, one of the last games I played on the original Xbox.

I think it will almost definitely be a prequel involving John and his old gang in some way, either that or a completely new story.  Like you say if it was a sequel with the son it would probably be set in the 20's and that wouldn't really work very well for the genre.  Part of the story of RDR was that the ways of the old west were coming to an end with cars and other new technology being introduced so I think it would definitely work better if it's set before RDR.

Edited by Capitão