Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

On 13/01/2023 at 16:46, Miguel Sanchez said:

I played Horizon Zero Dawn during a Covid lockdown period and after a few days when I went outside and was walking past cars I was looking at their various body panels deciding which bit to target with the bow and arrow I wasn't carrying.

See also: Tetris effect - Wikipedia

I used to play a lot of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

If I could see people at any distance, I used to guess what the VATS percentage would be if I was to shoot at them.

I found the collecting side of things very tedious the first time I did it.  But on this run through I was able to amass quite a lot of the collectibles just playing the game normally.

All the stuff for Algernon I picked up playing the game apart from a few of the flowers.  Every time I saw a fancy bird I shot it and plucked it.  So it wasn’t as much as a grind.

I got all the birds from one point on the map.

I did have great fun running up $250 dollars of bounty in each state, and hiding at a cabin north of Colter, and just dynamite arrowing the hound dogs and bounty hunters as they came down the pass.  Had to survive three days, and just manually placed the humans in a big pile and the dogs in a big pile.

On 18/06/2023 at 22:06, Miguel Sanchez said:

Today I finished studying and skinning all of the animals. I now need to survive eighteen bear attacks and gold 30-odd missions, and I'll be done.

See you again in 12 months. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve completed RDR2 a couple of times but I’d never actually played RDR because I never had a console that could play it. 

Just made it to Mexico. The gravedigger guy is a creepy wee fucker.

Edited by Gianfranco

• 2 months later...

David Earl (often in Ricky Gervais programmes) has joined an online server playing RDR2. I really like David Earl & Joe Wilkinsons podcast Chatabix so have found this brilliant. Bit of an acquired taste, but he plays his character brilliantly.

• 2 months later...

Replayed this again there. 

Was horrible and robbed and killed everyone so honour was rock bottom. Chose to help Marston though so when it came to it Micah killed me with a point blank shot to the forehead. 

Easily the best game ever. 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Replayed this again there. 

Was horrible and robbed and killed everyone so honour was rock bottom. Chose to help Marston though so when it came to it Micah killed me with a point blank shot to the forehead. 

Easily the best game ever. 

I might try that on my next play through. I'm usually the good guy 

I think RDR2 has a bit of a shit honour system given how strong the rest of the game is.  It ends up being quite a chore to be a properly horrible c**t for the game with the law system, and the boosts you can get to your honour are incredibly strong compared to those that can kick it down.  I think greeting townsfolk and throwing back fish you catch get you a bigger boost than the drop you get for massacring a town.  Would have been better if it was a little looser and let you play properly as an outlaw and maybe spend a little less time chasing down witnesses because you've bumped into someone in town.

My favourite way to play was being a proper horror right up until the "diagnosis", then claw it back until you're in good honour at the end of Arthur's story.  Seems like that's how they would have written it if it was a linear story.

On 16/01/2024 at 09:19, forameus said:

My favourite way to play was being a proper horror right up until the "diagnosis", then claw it back until you're in good honour at the end of Arthur's story.  Seems like that's how they would have written it if it was a linear story.

It's heavily weighted that way and I think that's why it is so easy to claw it back.

I just continued to kill and rob everyone on my "b*****d" play through.