Italian Football Thread

Kris.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Benevento's haplessness continues, on course for their first point entering injury time, they concede a penalty, which hits the bar, nearly score an own goal, which hits the bar and goes behind for a corner, then concede from the corner.

All set up for a Crotone-like comeback from last season.

Hellas two up after half an hour at Sassuolo - positively rampant - as am I

Going to be fucking furious when they make an arse of this, now....

edit:

yay !

in fact - fucking yay !

now to hand those Genovese halfwits their arses...

Edited by Herman Hessian

in advance of tonight's blisteringly exciting Derby della Scalla in the Coppa Italia (I'm not going to be about until well after the game has finished):

in the event of a Chievo win:

Spoiler

huzzah - well done Chievo - what a fine win, and how gratifying it is to see the city represented in the latter stages of the competition by such an excellent club; shame that it's not Hellas who have advanced but, to be honest, the better team won and we're better served turning our attention to the far more pressing matter of Serie A survival rather than the amusing but essentially pointless mooning about in the cup, as is evidenced by what was essentially a reserve side that Hellas had out this evening; smart move by Pecchia saving the first team for the big game against Genoa on Monday night - wish us luck - toodle pip !

in the event of a Hellas win:

Spoiler

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS - f**k you, Chievo - f**k you and all who sail in you (?); bring on those Milanese b*****ds in the next round, let's get in to them and f**k them up as well - PER SEMPRE GIALLOBLÙ - SEMO LA SQUADRA DEL VERONA !

15 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I'm working, so won't be able to watch it!

Roma - SPAL a televised early kick off too

Know how you feel; Clyde are at Peterhead then I've got my work night out next Saturday when Juve play Inter.

whoops....

footage of the entire game within that clip - but italian commentary throughout

debut for ex-leeds keeper marco silvestri, instrumental in a win on penalties after extra time; crushing defeat at the guiseppe meazza at the hands of the rossoneri to look forward to in the 5th round now....

VAR is shite number 1,276...

SPAL have a man sent off when he was originally booked for a foul on Dzeko at the edge of the box but the ref was asked to view a replay and then sent him off with a straight red. Poor. Then I thought el Shawaraay was originally offside when the shot from distance came in for Strootman's goal but the ref didn't go for another look. 3-1 Roma at the moment after SPAL get their first penalty of the season which they score but have to re-take after encroachment. The second attempt is a Panenka which the keeper tips onto the bar but the rebound is fired in. Strange game. But VAR is still shite.