Kris.

Italian Football Thread

Busta Nut    906

Cagliari looked decent at the San Siro

Kris.    471
Just now, Allan Jacobsen said:

SPAL score in the 94th minute to beat Udinese. Quite a good goal to win it.

Aye it was a great goal. Watched this over any of the other games just to get a look at SPAL, they looked pretty decent. Udinese despite coming from 2 down, weren't very good. Cracker of a penalty from Thereau, though.  

All of tonights scores:

Milan 2-1 Cagliari
Chievo 1-2 Lazio
Crotone 0-0 Verona
Fiorentina 1-2 Sampdoria
Napoli 3-1 Atalanta
SPAL 3-2 Udinese

Juventus, Inter, Milan, Sampdoria and Napoli all on 6 points going in to the break.

Busta Nut    906

Cagliari were unlucky I thought tonight.

Herman Hessian    114

well that's two hours of my life I won't be getting back - not exactly thrill a minute stuff from Calabria as Hellas hang on for a goalless draw, outshot six to one by the home team (who fortunately couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse), but not a great deal skill on show from anywhere

nothing much on the "hotties in the crowd" front either - there was a trim, busty sort in a tight, white top but I lashed up the screen shot for that one, so these two are the best I can offer...

21078867_1101688963300525_18253393270811

A-Mac    143

Despite the loss to Lazio I actually think we performed well for the entire match. Believe we have the squad good enough to get to safety.

lanky_ffc    922

Only saw the first half, but was suprised at how poor Milan were defensively. They conceded a lot of shots from the edge of the box, were fortunate with the one off the post and got out of jail when Bonucci bundled over Jao Pedro.

Herman Hessian    114

well - heavens - mooted last-minute shenanigans with both Lee Seung-Woo (Barcelona) and Wilfrid Bony on their way to Verona; obviously, neither is simply a straightforward transfer, as such things don't seem to happen anymore - the "Korean Sensation" (© every single article about him ever, anywhere) has signed with a two-year buy-back clause and the "Distinctly Average Ivorian but Probably Better Than Any Other Attacking Options at Hellas (© me, just now) appears to be a single-season loan

I'll settle for either one of them looking vaguely competent, as that'll be a 100% improvement on what's been on offer so far - Daniele Verdi being the exception to the rule (who's also looked capable of being spectacularly combustible in an amusing sent-off-and-subsequent-ten-game-ban/referee punching kinda way)

Also reported to (still) be sniffing around after Filip Djordjevic from Lazio - vaguely competent Serbian striker looking to get back on track after his least productive season ever last year...

I expect Fiorentina to be handed a three clear goal hiding when hostilities resume after the break - yay !

Kris.    471
On 26/08/2017 at 19:22, Kris. said:

They look like they'd be a good enough shout to make the play-offs, wouldn't expect them to push for the title, anyway. Looked relatively solid at the back and created enough going forward, although the quality was lacking at the end, so scoring enough goals might be an issue. Hard to judge too much given they were playing another side just promoted themselves. The squad is also a bit on the old side - Baraye and Dezi were the only players under 27 last night who started, and even then they're 25, so they might not have the legs to compete at the top end of the table over the course of a 42 game season. I imagine they'll finish top half, maybe sneaking in to the play-offs, then push on next year for a title bid if they don't make it up through the play-offs.

Fabio Ceravolo has signed from Benevento. Scored 20 goals in Serie B last season, so hopefully more of the same this year. Doesn't look like Alessandro Matri will be joining though, he's been linked over the last week or so, but seems the deal was dependant on Sassuolo getting Zapata from Napoli, who's gone to Samp.

Allan Jacobsen    451
10 minutes ago, Kris. said:

Fabio Ceravolo has signed from Benevento. Scored 20 goals in Serie B last season, so hopefully more of the same this year. Doesn't look like Alessandro Matri will be joining though, he's been linked over the last week or so, but seems the deal was dependant on Sassuolo getting Zapata from Napoli, who's gone to Samp.

That potentially has another knock-on effect as he was apparently part of a deal to bring Berardi to Napoli.

Herman Hessian    114

so - the loan deal for Moise Kean has been concluded with Juventus and, along with Korean Sensation Lee Seung-Woo, Hellas could now put out a striking partnership with a combined age of 36, whereas at one point it could conceivably have been Cassano and Pazzini, coming in at 68 - yay for the youth movement !

i probably have socks that are older than 36...

21150135_1103922529743835_79747057268635

Busta Nut    906

I look forward to seeing Lee Seung-Woo, see is he's any good.

A-Mac    143

Really excited about the Mariusz Stępiński signing, think given his age he could be a terrific signing for us.

Roberto Inglese move to Napoli for €12m is good business, especially with him coming back on loan for the season.

Overall happy with the transfer window.

Kris.    471

Two wins from two as Parma win 1-0 at Novara. Caught the last half hour and they were absolutely shite. Had one half chance but spent the rest of the time time-wasting, sitting deep and playing for free-kicks (and by f**k were there a lot). Novara at the very least deserved a point based on what I seen.

However, a win is a win, and they are one of only four sides to have a 100% record so far - Perugia, Frosinone and Carpi being the other three. Speaking of Perugia, they followed up their 5-1 win last week by beating Pescara 4-2. Of the other promoted sides, Cremonese got their first win, beating Avellino 3-1 and Venezia ended up with the same result as last week, a 0-0 draw. No wins and no goals so far, get it up them.

Table after two games:

59ac68a9ad00b_ScreenShot2017-09-03at21_39_35.thumb.png.f622c1452fbd25f6e9d274d1704cf466.png

killiefan27    333

I know Killie fans on here don't have the best form with open letters, but I loved this by Alessandro Lucarelli to Parma's former President: https://www.football-italia.net/109514/lucarelli-slams-ghirardi

“Dear President, Sunday will be a special game for you between the team of your city and the team you did a lot for,” Lucarelli, the captain who remained with Parma after their bankruptcy, wrote on Facebook.

“It’s fine, because what fan wouldn’t want to see their club go bankrupt in the middle of the season? Which fan wouldn’t want to see their club overrun with debts and derided all over Italy? What fan wouldn’t want to see a good Serie D campaign and then move through the quicksand of the Lega Pro?

“I’m just sorry you left, Mr President, because you could have boasted as you always liked to do when you said ‘Parma are competitive’.

“You’re not like that though, you like to do good and then run away so you can leave everyone with good memories.

“That’s why I’m officially inviting you to the game so we can thank you personally.

“If I could just trouble you for one favour though… get there early, because there will be a lot of us.

“At the front of the queue I’ll put the employees you left with no job, then the suppliers so you can confirm you’ve paid all your dues.

"Next come the fans and the city you humiliated in front of the whole of Italy, and finally the players you left without a contract.

“One last thing I’d ask you: if you have a spare seat in the car, could you bring along your friend from Rome [Pietro Leonardi]? Because I think it’s right we also recognise the goodness of his work.

“Before you leave the stand though, try to pass in front of the bust that you’ll find in the atrium. Read the name well, it might even teach you something.

“Don’t pass the museum though, because in 104 years of history - despite the good you did for us - there’s no place for you.”

G_Man1985    1,367

So what teams do people on here like to follow.

I know Kris likes Parma and everyone hates Juventus

I grew up watching the great A.C. Milan team of Baresi, Rijkaard, van Basten et al and I've been to see them play when Pirlo was there so it should be them, but most of my Italian friends support Juve and they play in the same kind of kits as the Pars so... I just like the country as a whole and the tactical nature of the league so I probably just want to see teams who play nice football do well. Apart from Lazio.