Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Emre Can has signed for Juventus on a free after he decided to leave Liverpool.  That could be an unbelievable signing for them, I've rated Emre Can highly for the last couple of years, he's that sort of midfield engine that is under-appreciated but so important to a team. 

Edited by senorsoupe

the monster lives - Renzo Rosso's Frankenstein story is complete and a new club - Lanerossi Vicenza Virtus - emerge from the bankruptcy of the previous Vicenza club and, well, whatever's left of Bassano Virtus - nothing by the look of it; the new entity will play at Vicenza's old ground, and in Serie C, as things stand. Virtus's coach, who lead them to the play-offs last season - Giovanni Colella - will be in charge of the new club, so it would appear to be a big GTF to the Bassanese club and its supporters.

elsewhere in Serie C,  Mestre, Reggiana, Trapani, Cuneo, Juve Stabia and Pro Piacenza seem to be the latest runners and riders in the race to financial oblivion - but everything's fine in Vicenza because they are, apparently, aiming for a return to Serie A as soon as possible, so that's ok....

there's always been as Bassano section in the football pages of Il Giornale di Vicenza, but that's not been updated since the last week in May , and all I can find is a brief note in a more local paper that "a new club has been reborn, which will start in the basement" - quite where that is at the moment, i'm not sure...

hey ho - plus ca change - vaffanculo, b*****di che mangiano i gatti - per sempre Gialloblù

39 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

the monster lives - Renzo Rosso's Frankenstein story is complete and a new club - Lanerossi Vicenza Virtus - emerge from the bankruptcy of the previous Vicenza club and, well, whatever's left of Bassano Virtus - nothing by the look of it; the new entity will play at Vicenza's old ground, and in Serie C, as things stand. Virtus's coach, who lead them to the play-offs last season - Giovanni Colella - will be in charge of the new club, so it would appear to be a big GTF to the Bassanese club and its supporters.

elsewhere in Serie C,  Mestre, Reggiana, Trapani, Cuneo, Juve Stabia and Pro Piacenza seem to be the latest runners and riders in the race to financial oblivion - but everything's fine in Vicenza because they are, apparently, aiming for a return to Serie A as soon as possible, so that's ok....

there's always been as Bassano section in the football pages of Il Giornale di Vicenza, but that's not been updated since the last week in May , and all I can find is a brief note in a more local paper that "a new club has been reborn, which will start in the basement" - quite where that is at the moment, i'm not sure...

hey ho - plus ca change - vaffanculo, b*****di che mangiano i gatti - per sempre Gialloblù

To add to that, Cesena in Serie B seem to also be charging towards financial oblivion. Their president is raging and sounds like he is one step away from releasing a list of people who have made an enemy out of him.

There is also an insinuation that it's not just those six clubs who may not register for Serie C but they're the ones who are known just now.

On 6/17/2018 at 15:57, Herman Hessian said:

new manager at Hellas is set to be Fabio Grosso -  said to be bringing experienced/journeyman striker Karmoke Cisse along for the ride

both now confirmed; pleased about Grosso - ambitious young manager, Serie B experience, and a friend of new sporting director Tony D'Amico  - good to have a  functioning partnership in charge instead of the less than amicable Setti/Pecchia axis that oversaw last season's pointless campaign...

Roma sign Ajaxs Justin Kluivert on a five-year deal.
Good signing I'd say. Has looked promising and would imagine a few bigger clubs would have been interested pretty soon so good to nick in and get him tied down long term

On 21/06/2018 at 17:05, Herman Hessian said:

Looks like a merger with a Prima Categoria team, Mussolente. They've almost definitely ruled out starting in Serie D and probably Eccellenza. Promozione seems to be the most likely starting point.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Radja Nainggolan to Inter for 25€ million up front and 14€ million in add-ons.

sounds like a good price - wonder what the "not at the world cup" discount was worth ?

still not really sure how the likes of januzaj, dendoncker,  chadli, hazard (not that one) and the like  made it in to  the squad as his expense during the qualifiers - was he a hideously disruptive dressing room influence or something ?  I know he's been injured of late, but surely his reputation was worth a punt - seems curious....

Edited by Herman Hessian

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

UEFA official statement on Acmilan, Italian club banned for 2 years from Champions League and Europa League for disrespect of Financial Fair Play Regulations.

Good, it's heartening to know that UEFA are willing to drop the hammer on teams like this who are just play things for ultra rich people but there is still a certain hypocrisy in that the football arm of the Qatar government (PSG) are able to wriggle out of it.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
56 minutes ago, RiG said:
Seems like Ronaldo to Juventus is a real thing. €100 million being mentioned.

Surely they won't be able to afford his wages? Hearing he's after 4 times as much as Higuain is on?

Think the suggestion is that they'll pay him €10m (or whatever) and at the same time he'll coincidentally sign a €20m a year deal to advertise FIAT cars.

Whether that would get by UEFA and FFP I'm not sure...

3 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Think the suggestion is that they'll pay him €10m (or whatever) and at the same time he'll coincidentally sign a €20m a year deal to advertise FIAT cars.

Whether that would get by UEFA and FFP I'm not sure...

Nessun vantaggio sportivo.

8 hours ago, RiG said:

Seems like Ronaldo to Juventus is a real thing. €100 million being mentioned.

Any other club, or player, and you'd call them mad for spending that amount on someone whos 33.

Juventus seem to have a knack of making good transfer decisions though (who oversees these by the way? As someone who's not hugely observant, they do honestly seem to be almost flawless in the transfer market), and Ronaldos Ronaldo. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Any other club, or player, and you'd call them mad for spending that amount on someone whos 33.
Juventus seem to have a knack of making good transfer decisions though (who oversees these by the way? As someone who's not hugely observant, they do honestly seem to be almost flawless in the transfer market), and Ronaldos Ronaldo. 
They've also got form for taking older players who some said were past it (Pirlo, Tevez) and getting a good few years of top performances from them.