Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Allison linked with a 70m euro move to Real Madrid. Would rather he didn't leave but don't think Roma will be able to say no to that, especially with clubs around them like Lazio looking like raking in a fortune this season on transfer fees

9 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Allison linked with a 70m euro move to Real Madrid. Would rather he didn't leave but don't think Roma will be able to say no to that, especially with clubs around them like Lazio looking like raking in a fortune this season on transfer fees

Means bugger all if Lotito doesn't reinvest it. 

Massive summer for both Rome clubs.

Not seen it mentioned in here, I don't think, but Mattia Perin joined Juventus from Genoa last week. 12 million Euros plus an additional 3 million in bonuses. Can't see Szczesny being too happy about that given that Buffon endorsed him as his replacement. Unless Perin has been signed as backup.

I reckon he'll be back-up. He'd be forever known as "Buffon's replacement" if he was starting, and if he doesn't do well it's a lot of pressure on him. Season on the bench, games in the Coppa, and then starting next year I'd imagine.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Juve should've spunked their budget on Donnarumma that way they've got another keeper that they won't have to worry about replacing for another 15 year.

He's not that great, tbf. Perin for €15m is probably better than spending three times that on Donnarumma. Perin is only 25.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He's not that great, tbf. Perin for €15m is probably better than spending three times that on Donnarumma. Perin is only 25.

I know, but he's heralded as the next big thing. When I seen him in the flesh I was surprised at how poor he was. It's no surprise the AC Milan fans detest him. That being said... He has to be doing something right to be getting a first team game at AC at his age and pretty much about to take Buffon's jersey at Italy. Surprised at how young Perin is admittedly.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know, but he's heralded as the next big thing. When I seen him in the flesh I was surprised at how poor he was. It's no surprise the AC Milan fans detest him. That being said... He has to be doing something right to be getting a first team game at AC at his age and pretty much about to take Buffon's jersey at Italy. Surprised at how young Perin is admittedly.

I think a lot of the hype is his age, and that he came through when Milan were at a real low point and desperate for anything to get fans back on side. He's clearly got the stature and in ten years he'll be peaking with a phenomenal amount of experience, but I'm unconvinced he'll be as good as Buffon. 

Had no idea the fans detest him, tbh, assume that's because of the contract shite last Summer? 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think a lot of the hype is his age, and that he came through when Milan were at a real low point and desperate for anything to get fans back on side. He's clearly got the stature and in ten years he'll be peaking with a phenomenal amount of experience, but I'm unconvinced he'll be as good as Buffon. 

Had no idea the fans detest him, tbh, assume that's because of the contract shite last Summer? 

Pretty much: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/14/gianluigi-donnarumma-reduced-tears-ac-milan-ultras-unfurl-banner/

ETA: And more recently - https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ac-milan-fans-refuse-donnarumma-shirt-28165

Edited by Ludo*1

bugger - Catania beat Robur Siena in the Serie C final last night - most inconvenient !

elsewhere, Frosinone won promotion to Serie A with a goal in the 6th minute of second half injury time securing a 3-2 aggregate win over Palermo

35 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

bugger - Catania beat Robur Siena in the Serie C final last night - most inconvenient !

elsewhere, Frosinone won promotion to Serie A with a goal in the 6th minute of second half injury time securing a 3-2 aggregate win over Palermo

Cosenza beat Siena last night. Siena beat Catania on penalties in the semi final after having 2 players sent off. Glad to see Cosenza back in Serie B.

Good to see friends of Celano, Frosinone, get back into Serie A although I wouldn't have been sad to see friends of Napoli, Palermo, make an immediate return. Now to find out over the next couple of weeks how many teams' finances are more fucked than they thought.

new manager at Hellas is set to be Fabio Grosso, who most recently took Bari to the Serie B playoffs in his first managerial appointment; said to be bringing experienced/journeyman striker Karmoke Cisse along for the ride; confirmation expected tomorrow (Monday); surprisingly forward-thinking appointment which I'm hoping is the first sign of some much-needed ambition under new sporting director Tony D'Amico; owner Setti seems intent on taking a controlling interest in Mantova (he can still retain his position in Verona as Mantova are an amateur set up) - a more hands-off approach from him at the Bentegodi would be a Good Thing !

Hellas striker Giampaolo Pazzini, briefly back in the fold after a loan to Levante, is now purported to be moving (again on loan) to Parma, with Emanuele Calaio, Valerio de Cesare and Yves Baraye all being consigned to Verona in return; presumably all three have been very bad in former lives to deserve such treatment with the rest of their erstwhile team-mates anticipating a season in Serie A; de Cesare and Calaio are 35 and 36 respectively, so Il Gialloblù definitely building for the future - probably in Serie C....

5 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Cosenza beat Siena last night. Siena beat Catania on penalties in the semi final after having 2 players sent off. Glad to see Cosenza back in Serie B.

Good to see friends of Celano, Frosinone, get back into Serie A although I wouldn't have been sad to see friends of Napoli, Palermo, make an immediate return. Now to find out over the next couple of weeks how many teams' finances are more fucked than they thought.

yup - my bad - too many teams starting with C in italy !

That's such a sad image, him walking back to the changing room having failed to give away his jersey [emoji22]

"Emanuele Calaio and Fabio Ceravolo are alleged to have sent text messages to Spezia duo Filippo De Col and Alberto Masi on the eve of the game which sealed promotion, imploring them not to try their hardest."

That hardly constitutes match fixing imo.