Italian Football Thread

Kris.

I watched the start of the Coppa Italia but the wife came home and had a moan. It's no a game I'm that into to argue too much.

Watched the highlights later on, 2 howlers. Everytime I have read about Donnarumma he has been described as some sort of superhero. Be interesting to see how he recovers from big errors in major finals.

Over 100 games for one of Europe's top clubs before you're 20 probably suggests he's strong enough to cope with it.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Over 40,000 sold for Lazio's final day clash with Inter which should be an absolute belter. 

I have just started reading a book called" Football, Fascism and Fandom: The UltraS of Italian Football" had put off buying it for ages as I couldn't find it cheaper than £20. Found it on eBay for a couple of quid and came the other day. Focuses primarily on Lazio & Roma's UltraS element, but does branch off into Italian sides (as well as the National team) and players including Buffon, who I never knew leant (understatement of the year) towards the right. A fascinating read so far, highly recommend for anyone who is interested in the political side of Italian football. 

average Serie A attendances for the season to date

1) INTER: 57.010 

2) MILAN: 52.453,

3) NAPLES: 42.587,

4) JUVENTUS: 39.257,

5) ROME: 36.581,

6) LAZIO: 28.921,

7) FIORENTINA: 25.615,

8 ) GENOA: 20.936,

9) BOLOGNA: 20.810,

10) SAMPDORIA: 20.207,

11) TURIN: 18.595,

12) ATALANTA: 17.814,

13) UDINESE: 17.567,

14) HELLAS VERONA: 17.507,

15) CAGLIARI: 14.599,

16) CHIEVO: 12.292,

17) BENEVENTO: 12.049,

18) SPAL: 12.029,

19) SASSUOLO: 11.162,

20) CROTONE: 10.336.

Edited by Herman Hessian

Over 40,000 sold for Lazio's final day clash with Inter which should be an absolute belter. 
I have just started reading a book called" Football, Fascism and Fandom: The UltraS of Italian Football" had put off buying it for ages as I couldn't find it cheaper than £20. Found it on eBay for a couple of quid and came the other day. Focuses primarily on Lazio & Roma's UltraS element, but does branch off into Italian sides (as well as the National team) and players including Buffon, who I never knew leant (understatement of the year) towards the right. A fascinating read so far, highly recommend for anyone who is interested in the political side of Italian football. 

Sounds decent [emoji106]

Hopefully they finish it against Crotone and save themselves the stress of a big game v Inter. I think they absolutely deserve it, still the top scorers in the league and only Juve are even close.

B teams to be introduced as of next season in Lega Pro (kind of)

https://www.football-italia.net/121207/figc-announce-b-team-rules

Reserve football only runs to u19 (the Primavera) so clubs rely on loaning out players (usually in massive numbers) for development. I'd expect a few teams next season as Lega Pro generally has teams drop out before the start of every season thanks to Italian football finances being a mess

Ah well, f**k Juve. Plenty to play for next week. Lazio v Inter for 4th and some potential scenes at the bottom. Fiorentina can still technically take the last EL spot away from Atalanta, but would need a sizeable goal swing to do so. Had Atalanta beaten Milan tonight actually, Milan would have been playing Fiorentina next week to see who takes that spot.

In Serie B on Friday, a win for Parma against Spezia and Frosinone dropping points against Foggia, will see Parma automatically promoted. If Parma fail to win, Frosinone lose and Palermo win, then Palermo will go up automatically.

11 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

I think crotone will beat napoli

It's possible that Napoli will help out their Southern cousins, indeed.

8 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

B teams to be introduced as of next season in Lega Pro (kind of)

https://www.football-italia.net/121207/figc-announce-b-team-rules

Reserve football only runs to u19 (the Primavera) so clubs rely on loaning out players (usually in massive numbers) for development. I'd expect a few teams next season as Lega Pro generally has teams drop out before the start of every season thanks to Italian football finances being a mess

Interesting. Looks similar to what happens in Spain and, to an extent, Holland. Lega Serie B are raging already.

Not sure who I'd prefer to go down. Chievo are pretty bland I suppose and I've been tipping Udinese to go down for at least a few years now, so would be nice to finally be right there! Really enjoyed Crotone and SPAL being in the league so ideally they'll survive. Cagliari I've no feelings either way.