Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:24, DanMc99 said:

someone needs to stop juve 

their last game of the season - at home to HV, who absolutely, definitely won't roll over pathetically and gift them however many points/goals they need to secure the title; apologies in advance to the Parthenopes, who are already pretty much three points further behind than they might appear to be on paper.... :(

Edited by Herman Hessian

I much preferred skys coverage of Italian footy pre channel 4 getting the rights; it was irritating when the live game was invariably "gazzas Lazio" when there were much more interesting games on that weekend, I realise Sky would have probably done just the same though. Their 2 hour long magazine show presented by John Inverdale was excellent, got to say I loved James Richardson with channel 4-his European football show on BT was terrific too and hes been treated shamefully by them

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I much preferred skys coverage of Italian footy pre channel 4 getting the rights; it was irritating when the live game was invariably "gazzas Lazio" when there were much more interesting games on that weekend, I realise Sky would have probably done just the same though. Their 2 hour long magazine show presented by John Inverdale was excellent, got to say I loved James Richardson with channel 4-his European football show on BT was terrific too and hes been treated shamefully by them

The European Football Show on BT was fantastic. Can't understand what made them cancel it.

Napoli drop points against Sassuolo. If Juventus beat AC Milan tonight then unfortunately it looks like Napoli can kiss goodbye to any chance of winning Serie A this season.

Also, it was being reported earlier this month that Pepe Reina will be joining AC Milan on a free. Might be a load of shite, might not be.

Those Icardi misses were wild. If you've got the choice of any player in the league to give those chances to, you're picking him.

Had Torino-Crotone on a stream at the same time as the derby. Didn't think Mazzarri was a particularly inspiring choice, but he may have landed on a good system for them. That's 2 matches in a row they've played a back 3 and scored 4 in each.

On 3/27/2018 at 15:54, lanky_ffc said:

Golazo film at 10. That's my Saturday night sorted.

Watched it on Saturday and forgot to post about it. Found it a really good watch, and some very interesting bits. I didn't realise the initial plan was just to show Lazio games. 

I don't like Paul Ince, but found that to be a really interesting interview and Richardson was good throughout. 

I'd imagine it would be the last documentary that Ray Wilkins would have featured in as well, not sure when it was filmed but he didn't look great. 

Anyway the reason I came to post on this thread, I follow quite a few Lazio fans on social media, and I find the Italians to talk about football in such Romantic terms. I don't think I know of any other nation where fans talk so lovingly about their club. Even their banners and flags have really intimate messages. It could of course be the language, but I still find it so strange. I have just seen a photo of a fella putting up a photo of his Lazio V Roma ticket with the words "I swear I will never betray you, all the way to the world Andrei, waving my colours". 

Watched it on Saturday and forgot to post about it. Found it a really good watch, and some very interesting bits. I didn't realise the initial plan was just to show Lazio games. 
I don't like Paul Ince, but found that to be a really interesting interview and Richardson was good throughout. 
I'd imagine it would be the last documentary that Ray Wilkins would have featured in as well, not sure when it was filmed but he didn't look great. 

Anyway the reason I came to post on this thread, I follow quite a few Lazio fans on social media, and I find the Italians to talk about football in such Romantic terms. I don't think I know of any other nation where fans talk so lovingly about their club. Even their banners and flags have really intimate messages. It could of course be the language, but I still find it so strange. I have just seen a photo of a fella putting up a photo of his Lazio V Roma ticket with the words "I swear I will never betray you, all the way to the world Andrei, waving my colours". 

The language they use to describe the game fantasisti to describe playmakers. How they describe passes or goals. It's verging on poetic.

One of the first James Richardson Golazzo podcasts touches on the language of the Italian game, and how its entirely different to anyone else.