Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Vicenza players are now officially on strike and didn't turn up for their cup game against Padova today.

Napoli sign Zinedine Machach who was recently released from Toulouse for twatting a coach. They're also after one of Gerard Deulofeu and Simone Verdi. Verdi seems to be the preferred target.

Apparently Lazio signed Martin Caceres from Verona on Monday. Slipped through the net, that one.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Apparently Lazio signed Martin Caceres from Verona on Monday. Slipped through the net, that one.

they were after him before Hellas nipped in during the summer - couldn't sign him then as they already had too many foreigners on their books; not sure that i'm too bothered, what with him being part of a defence which has leaked so many goals - heurtaux has been a more solid trier back there, although that's very much damning him with faint praise !

anyway - little to worry about as his replacement is already with the squad as i write - young Romanian defender Deian Bolder who's back at the SM'AB after spending some time with Montreal Impact (he made half a dozen apperances or so for HV during 2016/17); clearly there's no gulf in class from (not very effectively) shutting down the strikeforces of Phildadelphia Union and Real Salt Lake to dealing with Immobile, Icardi and Dybala, so I've no doubt that the corner has been turned in singularly impressive style.

bruno petkovic comes in from bologna, having scored no goals at all this season to date, so he will slot in with the existing strikers very well indeed

leeds apparently sniffing round moise kean, and other noises about pazzini, mo fares and daniel bessa being tracked by sassuolo (pazzini) and torino (t'other two); kean and bessa would be big losses, the other two not so much, but then i gialloblù are fucked anyway so it's all pretty much an irrelevance...

On 17/09/2017 at 21:40, accies1874 said:

Second half was class. Lazio were fairly sloppy but had pretty much all of the chances.

1-0 Roma against Inter with 15 minutes to go.

Inter ramping up the pressure and came within a bawhair of an equaliser.  I'll not be comfortable unless we get a second.  If Inter equalise, I can see them going on to win.  Such is the Roma way!