Italian Football Thread

Kris.

52 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

They still going to be ground sharing?

nope - its for ASR only, which is good, as it continues the move away from shared stadia; can't envisage a time when either Hellas or Chievo have the wherewithal to move away from the SM'AB, though; hopefully it' ll be redeveloped as a football-only arena at some point - far too big for either team now or in the forseeable future (especially back in Serie B next season...)

this looks great - stands right close to the pitch - i'll bet the atmosphere will be incredible...

ue3mclgdym2ekodpwc6y

14 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Seems a waste of dough. Shared stadiums should be what is encouraged.

I think doughs what its all about,i think owning and controlling your own ground means you can maximise all potential revenues-obviously a calculated risk given the costs in getting a new stadium.Juventus have made every other big team in Italy think with how successful their move to their new home of cheating has been

I think doughs what its all about,i think owning and controlling your own ground means you can maximise all potential revenues-obviously a calculated risk given the costs in getting a new stadium.Juventus have made every other big team in Italy think with how successful their move to their new home of cheating has been

Always remember reading something about Agnelli (Juve chairman l= saying he was convinced they needed their own stadium when he was at the Emirates and seen what they were charging for food.

You've seen in the last few years how big an impact having their own stadium has had. Juve have been as dominant as they've ever been the last few years and blow the rest of Italy out the water financially. Roma badly need this if they want to even consider taking the next step

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Is it not only Atalanta, Juventus and Udinese that own their stadiums, currently in Serie A?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Oh and Sass?

Yup. Cagliari are building a new ground, but I don't think it's been clarified who will own it yet.