Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 9/8/2017 at 18:45, G_Man1985 said:

So what teams do people on here like to follow.

I know Kris likes Parma and everyone hates Juventus

On 9/9/2017 at 15:50, G_Man1985 said:

Kris - Parma
Paul-r-cfc - Roma
Mr Brightside - Udinese
Salvo Montalbano - Ac.Milan
Allan Jacobsen - Celano

Herman Hessian - Hellas Verona

Jagfox99 - Firoentina

I follow Cagliari.

I love every single one of the Italian sides. Except Juve. And even then I usually hope they win in Europe. At a push I'd maybe say Milan because I loved their team in the 00s, and Lazio due to my favourite FM (Champ Man) game ever.

They just all have great kits (Sampdoria :wub:), they all had great players in the 90s, So many iconic moments from my childhood. There's 8 or 9 teams who when they play against each other (which is most weekends), I'd watch over games in any other country.

I've no preferred Italian side. Can just about remember the excellent Parma side, then fond memories of the strong Milan side and always had a soft spot for Fiorentina as the kits usually class and batistuta [emoji7]. Think everyone got attached to Totti and Roma.
I'm willing to follow a team in the Serie A for the season, picked by the good folks of this thread? Or I'll just continue to watch and enjoy whoever and whenever I can.

I've literally got shirts of all the top sides, even Foggia, Venezia and Ternana in my collection.  Had loads of Juve shirts as a youngster due to the colours so preferred them until I understood more about it all I leaned towards Lazio due to gazza connections, went to Lazio - Samp in the olimpico and the racism of their fans to the Bolivian/Peruvian hawkers was quite a turn off but the Samp fans were immense so started to 'follow ' then made a pilgrimage to the Luigi Ferraris to see them lose 1-0 to the brilliant early 2000s Milan side but the atmosphere was amazing. Also been to San Siri and Delle Alpi with Newcastle. Haven't really followed Samp in years, I like Verona after reading Tim parks book umpteen times but just more interested in the league genrally and want all teams to do wel in Europe. Would love Napoli to end Juve's stranglehold for the scenes but not holding my breath. 

11 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

one of my workmates is in Verona on 1st October when chievo play fiorentina.

can he buy a ticket on the day or does it have to be beforehand,does he need to register beforehand etcetcetc?

He should be able to buy on the day.  I have only done this a couple of times before from the ticket hut/office and took some ID with me. He should get down earlyish though. 

Haven't been this season but I doubt it has changed.

As for who I support, it's Chievo. Lived there for a few months and watched them regularly.  Try and get to a couple of games a season now. Went to one Hellas game. Was horrendous, fans all around us were racist animals.

Didn't catch the game, but Lazio are looking like a good bet to push for one of the Champions League places. They were superb when they beat Juve in the Super Coppa, and when they could have caved after blowing a 2 goal lead, they instead went right up the park and won it. They also thumped Milan, ground out a last minute win at Chievo, came from behind twice to win in Europe on Thursday, and tonight still managed to get three points despite Genoa pegging them back twice. The only blotch on their season so far was the opening day draw with SPAL, a game they really should have won. The home game against Napoli on Wednesday should be a cracker.