Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Fair enjoyed that. Roma should have been well in front before the equaliser, but fell apart after that. Nainggolan should have scored at 2-1, would maybe have fancied them to go on and win had he done so.

Foggia mark their return to Serie B with a 5-1 shagging by Pescara. Torino have just pumped Sassuolo, with Belotti scoring a contender for goal of the season already. VAR has been used to overturn a couple of penalties as well.

Also, Mihajlovic...

Just now, Allan Jacobsen said:

SPAL score in the 94th minute to beat Udinese. Quite a good goal to win it.

Aye it was a great goal. Watched this over any of the other games just to get a look at SPAL, they looked pretty decent. Udinese despite coming from 2 down, weren't very good. Cracker of a penalty from Thereau, though.  

All of tonights scores:

Milan 2-1 Cagliari
Chievo 1-2 Lazio
Crotone 0-0 Verona
Fiorentina 1-2 Sampdoria
Napoli 3-1 Atalanta
SPAL 3-2 Udinese

Juventus, Inter, Milan, Sampdoria and Napoli all on 6 points going in to the break.

well that's two hours of my life I won't be getting back - not exactly thrill a minute stuff from Calabria as Hellas hang on for a goalless draw, outshot six to one by the home team (who fortunately couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse), but not a great deal skill on show from anywhere

nothing much on the "hotties in the crowd" front either - there was a trim, busty sort in a tight, white top but I lashed up the screen shot for that one, so these two are the best I can offer...

21078867_1101688963300525_18253393270811

well - heavens - mooted last-minute shenanigans with both Lee Seung-Woo (Barcelona) and Wilfrid Bony on their way to Verona; obviously, neither is simply a straightforward transfer, as such things don't seem to happen anymore - the "Korean Sensation" (© every single article about him ever, anywhere) has signed with a two-year buy-back clause and the "Distinctly Average Ivorian but Probably Better Than Any Other Attacking Options at Hellas (© me, just now) appears to be a single-season loan

I'll settle for either one of them looking vaguely competent, as that'll be a 100% improvement on what's been on offer so far - Daniele Verdi being the exception to the rule (who's also looked capable of being spectacularly combustible in an amusing sent-off-and-subsequent-ten-game-ban/referee punching kinda way)

Also reported to (still) be sniffing around after Filip Djordjevic from Lazio - vaguely competent Serbian striker looking to get back on track after his least productive season ever last year...

I expect Fiorentina to be handed a three clear goal hiding when hostilities resume after the break - yay !

On 26/08/2017 at 19:22, Kris. said:

They look like they'd be a good enough shout to make the play-offs, wouldn't expect them to push for the title, anyway. Looked relatively solid at the back and created enough going forward, although the quality was lacking at the end, so scoring enough goals might be an issue. Hard to judge too much given they were playing another side just promoted themselves. The squad is also a bit on the old side - Baraye and Dezi were the only players under 27 last night who started, and even then they're 25, so they might not have the legs to compete at the top end of the table over the course of a 42 game season. I imagine they'll finish top half, maybe sneaking in to the play-offs, then push on next year for a title bid if they don't make it up through the play-offs.

Fabio Ceravolo has signed from Benevento. Scored 20 goals in Serie B last season, so hopefully more of the same this year. Doesn't look like Alessandro Matri will be joining though, he's been linked over the last week or so, but seems the deal was dependant on Sassuolo getting Zapata from Napoli, who's gone to Samp.

10 minutes ago, Kris. said:

Fabio Ceravolo has signed from Benevento. Scored 20 goals in Serie B last season, so hopefully more of the same this year. Doesn't look like Alessandro Matri will be joining though, he's been linked over the last week or so, but seems the deal was dependant on Sassuolo getting Zapata from Napoli, who's gone to Samp.

That potentially has another knock-on effect as he was apparently part of a deal to bring Berardi to Napoli.