Italian Football Thread

Kris.

26 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Do you follow Cagliari? My cousin lives over there so I like to keep an eye on the results. From what I hear Alves is a loss.

Yes I do, from afar obviously. Alves was a good player but the defence last year lost something like 70/75 goals. Not far off the worst if I remember correctly.

I am planning a trip with a few mates to take in a game.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Have Bologna made any decent signings? Worried about their prospects after getting humped out the cup by a team I've never heard of.

Cittadella are a decent team - well, they were last season. Made it to the Serie B promotion playoffs.

As for Bologna...from the Italian Wikipedia:

BFC.PNG.40845ab07d92f2f4ef332d671c004f2d.PNG

Definitivo - permanent

Fine prestito - end of loan

Esercitato etc - Bologna were 'obliged' to buy Taider and Helander - I think. A bit like Negredo when he was on loan at Valencia from Man City - again, I think.

De Maio spent two seasons on loan at Celano earlier on in his career. He did well.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Hadn't heard anything about that. Maybe a wee bit of late business too.

Only noticed it on Twitter last night. Pavoletti pretty much a straight replacement for Borriello.

Anyway, Serie A properly gets underway today with the remaining 8 games taking place.

Atalanta v Roma (5pm)
Bologna v Torino
Crotone v Milan
Inter v Fiorentina
Lazio v SPAL
Sampdoria v Benevento
Sassuolo v Genoa
Udinese v Chievo (All 7:45)

The Atalanta/Roma & Inter/Fiorentina games the standouts. Interested to see how Benevento get on in their first ever Serie A game. SPAL I can see getting a bit of a pumping tbh, although Lazio won't have Keita or Anderson in the squad. Milan should dish out a bit of a pumping of their own, but hopefully Crotone can cause an upset. Udinese/Chievo easily the least appealing game of the opening weekend.