Italian Football Thread

Kris.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Atalanta have brought in and sold so many good players and it's rightly so they are in the Europa league but football's a funny old game. Modeste ex Blackburn player has scored a barrel of goals for Koln in Germany but yet was shite in England. Some leagues just bring the best out of a player. Dzeko is having a great time

If you're talking about Cornelius, apparently he hasn't impressed in Denmark according to my pal. Mind you, his girlfriend has told him that he (my pal) is a Brondby supporter so...y'know...

If Mertens were to go, I wonder if Napoli would go back in for Icardi. I would rather not have him at Napoli personally. He comes across like a Suarez-type but more dickish and less talented. That being said, if he scored the goals to take them to Serie A glory then my opinion would change drastically.

Although, Inter seem to be chasing some big managers in the summer...

http://www.football-italia.net/101764/report-roma-agree-kessie-deal

I reckon he'll go abroad, would be a good replacement for Rakitic at Barca imo

It isn't confirmed yet though. I do suspect that he will end up there however.

I'd like to see Radja at Napoli but given the rivalry between the two clubs, I can't imagine that being too popular.

19 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

If you're talking about Cornelius, apparently he hasn't impressed in Denmark according to my pal. Mind you, his girlfriend has told him that he (my pal) is a Brondby supporter so...y'know...

If Mertens were to go, I wonder if Napoli would go back in for Icardi. I would rather not have him at Napoli personally. He comes across like a Suarez-type but more dickish and less talented. That being said, if he scored the goals to take them to Serie A glory then my opinion would change drastically.

I thought Icardi was well known to be the greatest dick in football, especially after the whole Maxi Lopez thing. Never mind his comments on the Inter Ultras.

I thought Icardi was well known to be the greatest dick in football, especially after the whole Maxi Lopez thing. Never mind his comments on the Inter Ultras.

Icardi is a monumental walloper as is his wife/agent. He's been long linked to Napoli - I assume because, like Maradona, he's from Argentina. I'd like to see him gob off to the Napoli ultras like he did to the Inter ultras. Couldn't see that one ending too well.

13 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I am offended that you didn't bother keeping up to date with Celano, Kris. I made an effort to keep tabs on Parma. I thought that we ran the Italian lower league updates as a partnership. For shame, Kristofer. For shame. :(

I know. :( I did keep an eye out for their results up until the new year or so, but kept forgetting after that. I looked them up last night though after you brought them up and seems like it was a shitter of a second half of the season that done them in, only 5 wins in their last 17, and one in their last 11. Also noticed the league winners only lost two games all season, and one of them was on the opening day! Impressive.

13 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Kessie has already signed for Roma, which I imagine will be the end of Radja in Rome, sadly.

I think he'll stay and they'll maybe start to phase De Rossi out a bit more, he's 34 in the summer and he's been hit and miss this season. Kessie is good, but I wouldn't be throwing him it at Roma as a starter every week. Bedding him in similarly to what Napoli have done with Diawara might be the best way to go. There seems to be a lot of interest in Paredes as well, maybe they'll use him to fund the Kessie deal instead. It's certain one of them will have to go though if they want Kessie in. I'd like to see him go to Milan instead, they certainly need him more than Roma do.

13 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

La Gazzetta now linking them with Allegri and Sarri - not a chance. Sky Sport are saying Spalletti has already said he's leaving Roma. If true, I think he'll end up at Inter. For the money they are apparently ready to offer a new manager, they could get much better than him though. I'd like to see them avoid Simeone as well, tbh. 

As for the actual football this weekend, a lot of things can be decided. Juve can win the title with a win, a draw keeps Roma and Napoli in it going in to the final weekend. Milan will qualify for the Europa League if they beat Bologna at home, anything less leaves it open for Inter (if they better Milan's result today) and Fiorentina to nick in ahead of them next week. Crotone will be relegated if Empoli win and Genoa can pick up a point. A Crotone defeat and Empoli getting just a point, will keep the last relegation place open until the final weekend.

Ideally Crotone will win at least, regardless of the Genoa/Empoli outcomes, and Inter will better Milan's results to have everything going down to the final weekend. Cue Juventus being 3-0 up inside 10 minutes...

EDIT: Juve drawing actually means Napoli can't win the league any more due to Napoli coming off second best in the H2H. Oops.

Edited by Kris.

I know. [emoji20] I did keep an eye out for their results up until the new year or so, but kept forgetting after that. I looked them up last night though after you brought them up and seems like it was a shitter of a second half of the season that done them in, only 5 wins in their last 17, and one in their last 11. Also noticed the league winners only lost two games all season, and one of them was on the opening day! Impressive.

Real Giulianova are a team who were administratively relegated from Serie D last season. They've signed players who would be too good for Eccellenza, let alone Promozione. They won the treble this season: league, cup and the match between the champions of both leagues. Fair play to them.

As for Celano, it's the same story as last year - start off strong and then make an arse of it. Fortunately for them, their decline happened too late for them to be relegated - plus Balsorano and Controguerra were utter mince this season.

Ah well. Juve win the league and Milan take the last EL spot. The last relegation place to still be decided next week as well as who will get straight in to the CL group stage. Not as exciting a final weekend as it could have been, but it's still going to be interesting at least. Lazio v Inter tonight & Pescara v Palermo tomorrow night still left to play this weekend.

In less than an hour Parma kick off their bid to be the second team to disappoint me in play-offs this weekend. They beat Piacenza 2-1 in the Lega Pro Coppa Italia at the start of the season, so something similar tonight would do very nicely.

3 hours ago, Kris. said:

In less than an hour Parma kick off their bid to be the second team to disappoint me in play-offs this weekend. They beat Piacenza 2-1 in the Lega Pro Coppa Italia at the start of the season, so something similar tonight would do very nicely.

0-0 draw. Will take that. Over 1600 in the away end.

DAXvWeuXoAYPe9P.jpg:large

In Serie A, Inter came from behind to beat Lazio 3-1. Lazio had Keita sent off for two bookings, the second was for diving which was an awful decision. Lulic also sent off, both were in the second half when they 2-1 down. They miss the game away to Crotone next week which definitely improves Crotone's chances of staying up. One game left this weekend and for some reason expecting a decent game tomorrow night, Pescara are good to watch despite being rotten. Hopefully Zeman just goes baws oot for a 5-0 win or something.