Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Lecce are another inconsistent team. They tend to get through to the final and then crumble. I wonder if this year will be any different?

If one of Piacenza, Parma, Samb or Francavilla win then they'll achieve a second consecutive promotion. Would quite like to see a team who've never played in Serie B get promoted personally.

12 hours ago, The Saintee said:

De Rossi has scored in his last 3 games now. 

Great result tonight.

F*ck Juventus.

after juve went 1-0 up i thought it was curtains, but roma were excellent after that , all that with dzeko out aswell which was probably a blessing in disguise

14 hours ago, Kris. said:

Juve dropping points in their last two games, with Roma winning both would see Roma win the title on H2H. That would be fucking brilliant.

Hard to see them failing to beat Crotone given how imperious their home form is.

Coppa Italia final tonight between Lazio & Juventus. 8pm kick off. Looking forward to it, Lazio playing on the counter this season have been a joy to watch, however still quite suspect at the back.

Juve missing Khedira and Pjanic in the middle, so that should offer Lazio some hope. They've already lost home and away to Juve without scoring and their record against the other sides in top 3 isn't great either.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Finished 2-0 to Juve, once Juve got the second, game was effectively over.

Good first season for Inzaghi on the whole, has had Lazio playing their best football in years. Hopefully hold on to Balde and Immobile and get a few signings in over the summer.

SPAL win Serie B, Verona also up and we get Play-offs! Frosinone, Perugia, Benevento, Cittadella, Carpi & Spezia in with a shout of going up. Anyone but Carpi & Frosinone please.

Vicenza and Trapani automatically relegated. Vicenza finished 20th and Trapani finished 5 points behind 18th placed Ternana, which meant that a relegation playoff wasn't necessary.

Also, would like to see Cittadella, Benevento or Spezia go up. Not Frosinone or Carpi for obvious reasons and not Perugia because...I don't know why. I'm just not fond of them.

Trapani had a dreadful first half of the season. I think they were at least 10 points adrift of 21st place after 12 games or something stupid like that.

Also, Pisa had the second best defensive record in Serie B this season by only conceding 36 goals. Only Spezia did better, conceding 34. Unfortunately, they only scored 23 goals. Unsurprisingly, that was the worst in Serie B with the next worst being Vicenza with 33 goals.

Well played, Gattuso.

Not sure of the best place to post this, but BT have for some reason axed The European Football Show. Gutted, because it's genuinly the most interesting and enjoyable show there's been in years, with likeable and informative presenters. It was also how I kept up with the other leagues as I don't get to see many live matches. If it's being replaced by more Fletch & Sav nonsense I'll be livid.

RIP EFS. 

12 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Not sure of the best place to post this, but BT have for some reason axed The European Football Show. Gutted, because it's genuinly the most interesting and enjoyable show there's been in years, with likeable and informative presenters. It was also how I kept up with the other leagues as I don't get to see many live matches. If it's being replaced by more Fletch & Sav nonsense I'll be livid.

RIP EFS. 

bloody hell,thats shite.

not a good portent of things to come ill warrant