Italian Football Thread

Kris.

I dunno. They have Chiellini and Barzagli, and Rugani too.

Don't know anything about Rugani, but Bonucci is almost irreplaceable. His range of passing is exceptional (I can't think of any defender with better), and he actually couples his technical ability with being a great defender, unlike John Stones or David Luiz.

Bonucci could play for any team in the world. No idea if the Dani Alves feud is true but it's known that his wife wasn't willing to leave Italy. I'd imagine both he and Juventus would have preferred Chelsea to Milan. If he's the arsehole he's been made out to be and dividing the dressing room, then I wouldn't want him at my club, and I think it's the right decision in that respect.

They've also got Medhi Benatia, and if needs must, I'm sure they can negotiate to get Mattia Caldara back from Atalanta early.

23 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Bonucci could play for any team in the world. No idea if the Dani Alves feud is true but it's known that his wife wasn't willing to leave Italy. I'd imagine both he and Juventus would have preferred Chelsea to Milan. If he's the arsehole he's been made out to be and dividing the dressing room, then I wouldn't want him at my club, and I think it's the right decision in that respect.

They've also got Medhi Benatia, and if needs must, I'm sure they can negotiate to get Mattia Caldara back from Atalanta early.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that his child is ill and receiving treatment therefore he and his wife are unwilling to leave Northern Italy. 

Sunday's wittering from the newswires:

Napoli in pole position to sign Alejandro Berenguer from Osasuna for € 5-6m ; Spartak Moscow and Sporting Lisbon also sniffing around, but SSCN the likely destination for the 22 yearold winger

Making way for the Spaniard could well be Emanuele Giaccherini - Torino, Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Udinese - and now Genoa - all keeping tabs on the situation

Roma just about to close a deal for Gregoire Defrei from Sassuolo; twent goals in sixty-odd games for I Neroverdi  - thought that Hellas might have shown some interest....

Udinese chasing both Valon Behrami (Watford) and Saphire Taider. (Bologna)

Torino looking at taking Manuel Locatelli on a two year loan from AC Milan; thought he did well when stepping up to fill in for Montolivo - another one who would have been a decent acquisition for Il Gialloblu

Sampdoria thinking about taking a punt of Omar Colley from Genk, who's previously proved not very much at all for sundry Scandinavian outfits

Much excitement at Stadio Ciro Vigorito with Marco D'Alessandro set to move from Atalanta and do his thing for the City of Witches - spooky !

And for connoisseurs of money laundering, more of the usual fiscal impropriety from i mangiagatti as Vicenza prepare for life in the third tier by paying unfeasibly ridiculous fees for Alex Pederzoli (Venezia), Leonardo Perez (Ascoli) and Pietro De Giorgio (Latina) - probably...

Edited by Herman Hessian

Milan will be the most popular team in FIFA and Football Manager next year. A team full of heroes.

and Gazzetta are reporting that Morata is "very close" to joining. Marca reporting it too. Oooosht.

Edited by Smurph

As a glory hunting "follower" of Milan when they featured on the old Gazetta programmes on Channel 4 many years ago it's quite incredible to see this transfer splurge. Looking forward to seeing it all end underwhelmingly as they finish 5th because the squad can't gel together :lol: 

17 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Napoli in pole position to sign Alejandro Berenguer from Osasuna for € 5-6m ; Spartak Moscow and Sporting Lisbon also sniffing around, but SSCN the likely destination for the 22 year old winger

...aaaand it's Torino who tear in out of nowhere to seal the deal at the last minute - € 5.5m (source - Osasuna official twitter)

57 minutes ago, s_dog said:

It's a lot of money Milan are spending, where has it come from?

short answer - China - but how much time ya got ?

from wikipedia (and therefore all definitely 100% accurate):

In August 2016, Fininvest, the parent company of Italian football club A.C. Milan, signed a preliminary agreement with a Chinese investment management company Sino-Europe Sports Investment Management Changxing Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 中欧体育投资管理长兴有限公司) to sell the club for €740 million (including €220 million indebtedness of the company), valued on 30 June 2016 (A further €90 million cost of the club from 1 July to the closing date[6] was add to the valuation). Sino-Europe Sports paid Fininvest €100 million immediately after the deal as deposit, and the closing date of the deal was set at December 2016.[7][8]

Sino-Europe Sports, registered in Changxing County, according to Chinese Government's National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity System, was solely owned by mainland Chinese citizen Chen Huashan (Chinese: 陈华山) with a share capital of just CN¥100 million.[9]However, it was reported that Li Yonghong and a private equity fund (Chinese: 海峡中欧私募投资基金) of Haixia Capital Management were the true owner of Sino-Europe Sports.[7] Moreover, Sino-Europe Sports was represented by David Han Li in the signing of the contracts with Fininvest.[7][6]

In the same month Sino-Europe Sports found a private equity fund (incorporated as a limited partnership as Chinese: 中欧体育投资长兴合伙企业[9]) to raise fund to acquire Milan, which Chinese listed company Rongyu Group (formerly known as Jilin Yongda Group) signed an agreement to subscribe CN¥300 million deferred share, which would only paid-in the capital when the fund raise enough capital in ordinary and preference share.[10][11]

However, Sino-Europe Sports failed to pay the residual sum in December, and the deal was delayed to March 2017. Sino-Europe Sports paid a second deposit of €100 million[12] (making the total deposit was €200 million) to Fininvest via Hong Kong subsidiaries of Sino-Europe Sports: Rossoneri Sport Investment Co., Ltd. and Rossoneri Champion Co., Ltd.. However, according to the filing in Hong Kong Companies Registry, Rossoneri Sport Investment borrowed HK$830 million (around €100 million according to exchange rate at that time) from a mystery BVI-incorporated company Willy Shine International Holdings Limited (Chinese: 威陽國際控股有限公司) on 13 December 2016.[13] The loan was refurbished on 23 January 2017.[13] In February 2017, Rossoneri Sport Investment (of Hong Kong) was recapitalised by yet another mystery BVI-incorporated company Rossoneri Advanced Co., Ltd. for HK$864.5 million, making Sino-Europe Sports became a minority shareholder on Rossoneri Sport Investment (of Hong Kong) for HK$100 million share, or 10.37%,[13][14] although Chen remained as the sole director of Rossoneri Sport Investment and 100% owner of the entire share capital of Rossoneri Champion.[13] The two BVI companies had raised a concern in Italy on who was the actual investors.[15]

It was reported that the private equity fund had received a loan from Elliott Management Corporation to finalised the closing, after Sino-Europe Sports failed to pay the residual sum again in March 2017.[16][17]

On 13 April 2017, the sale was officially finalised, which Rossoneri Sport Investment Luxembourg Sàrl became the new direct parent company of the club.[18][19][6] Rossoneri Luxembourg, as of January 2017 was owned by Hong Kong-company Rossoneri Sport Investment.[20] On 14 April Li Yonghong was confirmed as the new chairman of the club, with Marco Fassone was confirmed as CEO 

Apparently Morata will cost Milan £61 million. Sanches on loan with an option to buy at £40 million.

Wow!

Edited by RiG

couple more potential acquisitions on the cards for Hellas - goalkeeper Federico Marchetti from Lazio (good move - I suspect that whoever's in sticks is going to have a busy season so it could do with being someone halfway decent), and 20 year-old midfielder Rolando Mandragora, currently stuck in the youth team at Juventus and looking for more playing time....

Lazio now reported to be looking at Serbian 'keeper Boris Radunović, on Atalanta's books and currently on loan with Avellino - only 22 mind - too young and far too inexperienced for a starting replacement for Marchetti ???

Edited by Herman Hessian
Radunović update

here are the Serie C clubs which will be taking part in the Coppa Italia (TIM Cup if you must) for 2017/18 (well - 2017 anyway...)

Trapani
Vicenza
Pisa
Alexandria
Livorno
Arezzo
Giana Erminio
Picenza
Viterbo
Lucchese
Renate
Pordenone
Padua
Reggiana
Gubbio
Sambenedettese
FeralpiSalò
Albinoleffe
Bassano
Lecce
Matera
Juve Stabia
Virtus Francavilla
Syracuse
Cosenza
Paganese
Casertana

and the Serie D participants

Varese
Ciliverghe Mazzano
Triestina
Imola
Massese
Matelica
Monterosi
Trastevere

subject to exclusions, bans, insolvency, corruption, bribery etc etc as per usual...

first qualifying round:  30th July

second qualifying round:  6th August

third qualifying round: 12th August

draw this afternoon (Friday 21st) at 2:00pm UK time

Viterbese  (Viterbo) have been chucked out, replaced by Pro Piacenza - I presume for the simple reason of having the shittest badge ever, drawn by a seven year old....

Viterbese-Calcio.png

Edited by Herman Hessian
additon of the Serie D clubs and dates

On 12/07/2017 at 11:07, Herman Hessian said:

further rumoured acquisitions for Il Scaligerii: defender Thomas Heurtaux from Udinese; Gian Filippo Felicioli (midfielder; A C Milan - on loan at Ascoli); striker Umar Sadiq (A S Roma - on loan at Atalanta) - looks like the usual routine of changing division and overhauling the entire squad...

two year loan signing confirmed for the youngster with 22 first team appearances for Milan and Ascoli (mostly Ascoli, to be fair...)

1500107036_326510_2017_7_15_felicioli_ba

moving on from Verona, two players - Edoardo Pavan and Carlos Opoku Buxton - sent on loan to Paganese in Serie C - just up the road from Salerno; seems like a very attractive proposition for them....

altAsXWy9xb-aokU8twZdGnN202Wb2u0vLsSKRrR

Edited by Herman Hessian