Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Inter reportedly on the point of closing a deal for Angle Di Maria from PSG as a replacement for Ivan Perisic who'll be a United player shortly...

hope that Inter, Roma et al continue to strengthen - a competitive season will make a change after Juve's continued - and extraordinarily tedious - dominance...

I don't understand the willingness of Juventus or Bonucci to go to AC. AC are a massive, massive club no doubts - historically probably bigger than Juve but this doesn't seem to benefit Juve or Bonucci. Of course, he'll earn more money but why would Juve not be willing to match it for what is arguably one third of the best defensive partnership in the world?!

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't understand the willingness of Juventus or Bonucci to go to AC. AC are a massive, massive club no doubts - historically probably bigger than Juve but this doesn't seem to benefit Juve or Bonucci. Of course, he'll earn more money but why would Juve not be willing to match it for what is arguably one third of the best defensive partnership in the world?!

Didn't he have a falling out with Allegri or something?

Roma at risk of falling behind the two Milan clubs again. Failed miserably to take advantage of this spell where they've been so poor. Granted Juventus have been all powerful but a lot of stupid dropped points have cost us big time.

Mahrez would be a good signing but need more. Holding on to Naingolan (spelling) is a must if we want to seriously compete at all next season

Edit: That'll do nicely http://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/radja-nainggolan-wont-be-sold-by-roma/593456?utm_content=buffer524d3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Tbf, I'd have had a swipe at Dybala during the CL final, he was absolutely honking. Also hooked not long after half time?

He lasted until the 78th minute seemingly. It just felt like he was hooked 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

On 7/3/2017 at 16:52, Allan Jacobsen said:

Nothing has been said about other Lega Pro teams. I know that Akragas, Catanzaro, Maceratese, Mantova and Messina were in trouble but nothing more has been said on them so I assume that they're fine.

Confirmed teams that won't play in Serie C next season: Como, Latina (but actually Fondi), Maceratese, Mantova and Messina

Teams that have been excluded but are appealing the decision: Akragas, Arezzo, Fidelis Andria, Juve Stabia and Modena

The five confirmed teams could be replaced by any of the following: Triestina, Rende, Rieti, Lumezzane, Varese, Vis Pesaro

2 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Confirmed teams that won't play in Serie C next season: Como

so much for the Essien family's intervention, then - shame - gotta love a shirt with a fox on the front, even if only a sponsor's logo....

1como-fox_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

so much for the Essien family's intervention, then - shame - gotta love a shirt with a fox on the front, even if only a sponsor's logo....

1como-fox_1.jpg

It had been suspected that Como was just seen as a little plaything for Essien's wife. Given some of the stories that have come out, those suspicions were accurate.

That's a lovely shirt too. Have a greenie for that shirt.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

59 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

1como-fox_1.jpg

Love that blue. It's like a dark royal or light navy. 

5 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

The five confirmed teams could be replaced by any of the following: Triestina, Rende, Rieti, Lumezzane, Varese, Vis Pesaro

seems a bit of a random list - anyone got any idea of the logic behind it ?

team final 2016/17 status
Varese Serie D(A) play-off loser
Triestina Serie D(C) play-off winner
Vis Pesaro Serie D(F) play-off winner
Lumezzane Serie C(B) auto relegation 
Rieti Serie D(G) play-off winner
Rende Serie D(I) play-off winner

can almost understand Lumezzane getting a repieve as Serie C (B) is losing more clubs than either of the other two girones, but why not retain Forli, who finished above them ?

It's still daft to sell the best defender in the world, they'd already got rid of Alves.

I dunno. They have Chiellini and Barzagli, and Rugani too.

todays h'updates from the banks of the Adige; coach Pecchia drivelling on about needing more depth in the centre of the defence; club are keeping tabs on Sulley Muntari (only 32 by all accounts...) who's now a free agent having managed to be complicit in Pescara's relegation during his six month stint at Il Stadio Adriatico; a 4-0 win in the first vaguely meaningful friendly against U S Triestina; goals from Pazzini, Valoti, Bruno Zuchulini and Luppi; one centre half who won't be answering Pecchia's call - Matteo Bianchetti - on loan to Spezia and Empoli over the last couple of seasons who's just undergone emergency surgery for the removal of a "subdural hematoma of the sacral marrow" whatever that may be - sounds nasty; two months on the sidelines before he'll undergo further evaluation...

Edited by Herman Hessian

52 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

todays h'updates from the banks of the Adige; coach Pecchia drivelling on about needing more depth in the centre of the defence; club are keeping tabs on Sulley Muntari (only 32 by all accounts...) who's now a free agent having managed to be complicit in Pescara's relegation during his six month stint at Il Stadio Adriatico; a 4-0 win in the first vaguely meaningful friendly against U S Triestina; goals from Pazzini, Valoti, Bruno Zuchulini and Luppi; one centre half who won't be answering Pecchia's call - Matteo Bianchetti - on loan to Spezia and Empoli over the last couple of seasons who's just undergone emergency surgery for the removal of a "subdural hematoma of the sacral marrow" whatever that may be - sounds nasty; two months on the sidelines before he'll undergo further evaluation...

The sacral bone connects the spine to the coccyx according to Google. If he's bruised that, I'd imagine it'll be mildly uncomfortable.

Didn't know that Pecchia was at Verona. Had two spells at Napoli...sadly, I only remember his loan spell in the 2000/01 season when they got relegated - again. :(

Also, I haven't seen it posted here but I see that Alessio Cerci has joined Verona. Hopefully he shows the form that resulted in Atletico Madrid signing him.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

10 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Also, I haven't seen it posted here but I see that Alessio Cerci has joined Verona. Hopefully he shows the form that resulted in Atletico Madrid signing him.

signed on the same day as Cassano - I must have been too excited to post the pretty pictures, so in the interests of completism:

1499678435_048613_2017_7_10_banner_cerci

1499701553_622490_2017_7_10_banner_cassa