Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Hellas Verona also sign 24 year old Argentinian Bruno Zuculini from Manchester City; no confirmation yet of a fee being involved for the brother of current Hellas player Franco; Il Gialloblu have also taken Daniele Verde on loan from Roma

1499443130_299693_2017_7_07_banner_verde

1499789776_182880_2017_7_11_banner_zucu.

Hellas now reportedly interested in 20 year old Argentinian winger Matías Nahuel, on Villareal's books but on loan at Real Betis for 2016/17; fans of Los Verdiblancos singularly unimpressed, saying that he's more interested in having his hair done than playing any meaningful football, and offering to pay for his flights to Italy, or give him a lift there - ho hum....

further rumoured acquisitions for Il Scaligerii: defender Thomas Heurtaux from Udinese; Gian Filippo Felicioli (midfielder; A C Milan - on loan at Ascoli); striker Umar Sadiq (A S Roma - on loan at Atalanta) - looks like the usual routine of changing division and overhauling the entire squad...

Edited by Herman Hessian
additional info - no need for separate post

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Romagnoli and De Sciglio, plus a "huge cash offer". I don't see how Juve can reject that.

Seems to be some reports saying that Romagnoli isn't part of the deal yet others say he is. Some transfer if it goes through. Milan going bananas right now with the transfers.

2 minutes ago, Kris. said:

Actually seems like this is going to happen. Reports now Juve want €45m, but don't want to include De Sciglio.

So the 45m and Romagnoli?

Still seems a good deal to me. Bonucci is easily one of the best CBs going, but Chiellini and Barzagli will remain, and Romagnoli has always looked class when I've seen him.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So the 45m and Romagnoli?

Still seems a good deal to me. Bonucci is easily one of the best CBs going, but Chiellini and Barzagli will remain, and Romagnoli has always looked class when I've seen him.

Just the €45m. No Romagnoli either. Mental from Juve, really, regardless of the CB's they'll still have.

Latina will play in Serie C next season...I think...

If I've got it right, the owner of Fondi (Latina's rivals) took control of Ternana and then sold Fondi to the owner of relegated Racing Roma. He then renamed the club Football Club Racing Fondi Calcio. He then asked the FIGC for permission to move the club to Latina and again rename the club Racing Club Latina. This means that Latina will take Fondi's place in Serie C/C next season - I think. Fondi (at this point) do not exist obviously. Racing Roma, clearly, were not registered in Serie D.

Also, Maceratese will not be playing in Serie C next season as it stands. Relegated Ancona are unlikely to register for Serie D next season and are preparing plans for playing in Eccellenza instead. They last played in that league in 2010/11 after being administratively relegated from Serie B for being skint.

Finally, in Celano news, sadly it is unlikely that they will field a team in Promozione next season. No idea if they will go bust completely or play in Prima/Seconda/Terza Categoria or focus on solely being a youth team. If they end up not registering for Promozione then Sportland Celano or Lanciano (not the same one who went bust in 2015/16) may end up taking their place.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

On 12/07/2017 at 11:07, Herman Hessian said:

further rumoured acquisitions for Il Scaligerii: defender Thomas Heurtaux from Udinese; Gian Filippo Felicioli (midfielder; A C Milan - on loan at Ascoli); striker Umar Sadiq (A S Roma - on loan at Atalanta) - looks like the usual routine of changing division and overhauling the entire squad...

signing of Heurtaux confirmed (season-long loan); Alex Ferrari (another defender) signed on loan from Bologna (having been an over-aged player for the Italy U21 squad in Poland); Franco Zuculini signs a one year contract extension.

next up - a mooted bid for Lucas Boyé - 21 year old Argentinian striker currently with three years left on a contract with I Granata; his career path to date (Newell's Old Boys - River Plate - Italy) has drawn comparisons with Abel Balbo, but his goalscoring record of just 8 in 96 senior games to date suggest that the similarity goes no further than having accrued a similar number of AirMiles...

1499869135_050591_2017_7_12_ferrari_zucu

1499874152_716538_2017_7_12_Heurtaux_ban

away from the transfer dealings, much muttering in the wake of the Curva Sud's "open day" at the start of July, when Luca Castellini - co-ordinator for the Northern Italy branch of Forza Nuova, a fairly moody far-right political party - was given the opportunity to address the crowd and decided to say that the day's festivities owed much to the patronage of Adolf Hitler; cue the attendant Brigate Gialloblu giving a lusty rendition of "Siamo una squadra fantastica, fatta a forma di svastica: che bello è, allena Rudolf Hess!" - another PR triumph for the club whose first two home games of the new season are going to be played with the Curva closed to spectators after the imposition of a suspended sentence for repeated racially abusive chants, invoked after another outbreak of "cheery banter" during the Derby del Veneto towards the end of last season (the result of which went a long way towards sending Vicenza down to Serie C, so not all bad, mind...)

Edited by Herman Hessian
piss-poor spelling....

Just the €45m. No Romagnoli either. Mental from Juve, really, regardless of the CB's they'll still have.

Yeah, that's not such a great deal then. Seems a bit strange tbh.

Roma apparently in for Riyad Mahrez - hoping to secure his services* for around 35/40 million euros - negotiations ongoing

* I presume that it's absolutely obligatory to use  only approved Sky Sports Transfer Window phrases when mentioning any sort of potential moves...

and just to prove that the revolving door at Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi does actually go in both directions, Luca Siligardi is forcibly bundled out of the exit and sent on his way to Parma with a four year contract stuffed in his back pocket; never managed to reproduce the goalscoring form that had earned him a move from Livorno to Verona in 2015, but at least he won't have to shell out for new colour-co-ordinated UnderArmour trollies in Emilio-Romagna, moving to another gialloblu e bianco outfit...