Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Lazio offering a new contract to De Vrij, buyout seems to be around 30 million euro, which in the grand scheme of things isn't a great deal of money in today's market. 

Balde reportedly turned down a chance of a move to Everton as well. 

On 6/16/2017 at 09:20, LondonHMFC said:

Balde reportedly turned down a chance of a move to Everton as well. 

That's a shame. He'd have been a very good signing for them.

Parma - Alessandria kicks off at 5pm for those who are interested. Not bothered who wins - just as long as Calaio scores.

On 6/14/2017 at 22:31, Kris. said:

Ah shit. Alessandria are going to pump them.

^^^ reverse psychology expert

Parma are in Serie B again!

Scavone and Nocciolini with the goals for Parma in a 2-0 victory. Alessandria have Gozzi sent off in injury time.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

On 06/17/2017 at 19:05, Allan Jacobsen said:

^^^ reverse psychology expert

Parma are in Serie B again!

Scavone and Nocciolini with the goals for Parma in a 2-0 victory. Alessandria have Gozzi sent off in injury time.

More than happy to be wrong this time. :) Can't believe they ended up getting promoted, thought for sure they would get pumped.

Busy start to the summer already. Three players in and Chinese investors have just bought 60 percent of the club, with Hernan Crespo being made VP. One of the guys involved owns Granada in Spain. Hopefully they don't start throwing money at players in an attempt to go straight up, a season just surviving in Serie B wouldn't be too bad.

A story about Moise Kean, the Juventus teenager who became the first player born this millennia to play in one of Europe's top 5 leagues.

He could leave Juventus because the club failed to deliver a fleet of tractors they had promised as part of his contract !

Tomorrow is the deadline for documentation to be submitted to Serie A, Serie B, Lega Pro etc if the clubs want to register for that league next season. All except for the utter clusterfuck that is Como, who have until 5th July (I believe). Means that Monday could be interesting when teams are revealed to have submitted incomplete documentation or none at all. As always, I hope that Catanzaro are one of those teams.

One team that will not be taking their place in Lega Pro is Latina. After relegation from Serie B, they went bust towards the end of May but could reform in Serie D next season.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Tomorrow is the deadline for documentation to be submitted to Serie A, Serie B, Lega Pro etc if the clubs want to register for that league next season. All except for the utter clusterfuck that is Como, who have until 5th July (I believe). Means that Monday could be interesting when teams are revealed to have submitted incomplete documentation or none at all. As always, I hope that Catanzaro are one of those teams.

One team that will not be taking their place in Lega Pro is Latina. After relegation from Serie B, they went bust towards the end of May but could reform in Serie D next season.

What's wrong with Catanzaro???

13 minutes ago, Latino Lover said:

What's wrong with Catanzaro???

To be honest, it's a very immature reason. They were utterly dreadful a few seasons back and got relegated from Lega Pro Seconda Divisione...then Pomezia ended up being relegated for false documentation. Catanzaro then went out of business and were somehow allowed to register a new company in the same league. At the time, I couldn't remember other teams being afforded this luxury (told you it was immature). However, since then, the team I follow (Celano) have done this twice and I am a hypocrite.

For what's it worth, I also follow Napoli and like all southern Italian teams other than Catanzaro...and Reggina.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hakan Calhanoglu signs for ACMilan after €24m deal was completed.
They minted ?

Milan? Very much so now, they'll spend at least €50 Million more before the window's end.