Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Half Times:

Crotone 2-1 Lazio (Lazio down to 10 men)
Fiorentina 0-1 Pescara (Fiorentina down to 10 men)
Inter 3-0 Udinese
Palermo 0-0 Empoli
Torino 3-2 Sassuolo

well that was an exciting final evening of the season-great scenes at Crotone,theres really nothing like it at the footy when nothing much is happening on the pitch and then you see and hear the crowd going mental as news comes through of a goal elsewhere.a remarkable escape-whether it was greater than regginas in the year following calciopoli I'm not sure but it was nonetheless spectacular.

whats happened to james Richardson?

Goals in each of the top 5 leagues this season. To think some folk will still call Serie A boring...

Serie A - 1,123 (2.96 per game)
La Liga - 1,118 (2.94 per game)
Premier League - 1,064 (2.8 per game)
Ligue 1 - 991 (2.61 per game)
Bundesliga - 877 (2.87 per game)

Worth noting as well the Bundesliga has 74 games less per season than the rest due to having less teams. If you apply their goals per game average to match up with total matches of the rest and they'd be sitting 3rd with roughly 1,089.

6 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Roma showing Chelsea how you send off a Legend. 

I disagree with you. I haven't seen the display from the fans, and this is more about the clubs ownership, but I believe if Totti was going to finish his career with Roma he should have retired last season. He was a hero, for everything he's ever done, and more recently scoring or assisting in the last 10 minutes of games regularly and being the super-sub which Roma needed so many times. However he's been completely underused this season. He's obviously gotten older, he's not as match fit and Roma need to think of life without Francesco, but he's been rendered pretty much useless. That's also with Roma announcing his retirement (from Roma!) before he got to say anything, and it's taken to the last week of the season for him to say he's going elsewhere!

Del Piero's leaving was a shambles with Juventus. Casillas' departure from Real wasn't covered in glory. You've got to wonder what the point of this loyalty is, at times. Fans and players seem to be in unison, but a lot of 'clubs' seem to be undermining these players now