Football league 2016-2017

I thought most fans (outside the ones who still shout for offside at bye kicks and throws, obviously) knew the rules about infringement - if it's scored it counts if it's a defender, it's retaken if it was one of the taker's own team and vice versa essentially - but I'm amazed that the referee or at least one of the other three officials on duty didn't. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read today that a Japanese league game was ordered to be replayed after same incident resulted in the team losing points (obviously Newcastle still got the 3 points so a different thing) but had they dropped points then there is a precedent there that may have seen it being replayed. Wish it had effected the result for the giggles, ref very much landed on his feet in that regard).

Yeah, I couldn't believe any referee wouldn't know that. I kept assuming there would be another explanation, possibly a Newcastle player had kicked a Burton player or pulled a shirt in between Ritchie striking the ball and it hitting the net.

That would have been the only thing that could've resulted in a Burton free-kick.

Sky Sports News HQ@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Birmingham City deny reports they are looking to replace manager Gianfranco Zola and say he has full support of the board. #ssnhq

Gianfranco Zola OBE...Out By Easter.

Russell Slade to be announced as Grimsby manager today. Press Conference announced for 10am this morning.

Really don't know what to think about it, he done a good job last time that had us 1 minute away from playing in league one and barring a Michael Reddy injury early in the playoff final would of won that. Hasn't done a good job at any club for a few years now though.

Shouldn't of sacked Marcus Bignot in the first place in my opinion.

Sky Bet Championship

Sat 13 May: Championship Semi-Final A first leg (5:30pm)
Sun 14 May: Championship Semi-Final B first leg (12:00pm)

Tues 16 May: Championship Semi-Final A second leg (7:45pm)
Wed 17 May: Championship Semi-Final B second leg (7:45pm)

Mon 29th May: Championship Play-Off Final (3:00pm)

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 12:54, MarkoRaj said:

How is it possible for a referee not to know that? Genuinely baffled, it seems completely basic.

Everyone completely fucks up now and again. I forgot how old I was the other week and that's a lot easier to remember than the complete laws of football.

Archived