Football league 2016-2017

Aston fucking Villa:lol:

Got away with one tonight should of ended 2-2 as it seemed linesman missed the ball go over the line by a feet or so then Blackburn scored again but referee gave handball. Hope Akpam might be awaiting a lengthy ban too for seeing red after pushing the referee after the disallowed goal. Results didn't go our way for teams in play offs however derby and Norwich dropped points below us so overall a decent Tuesday night:thumsup2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Zola. 9 defeats in his 14 games, 1 win. The cynical b*****ds that put him in place surely won't think twice about booting him out no matter how short a time he's been in the job.

They're sticking with him apparently. Hell mend them.

Win tomorrow and I'm feeling confident that we can secure play offs. Win 4 more games then that means Norwich need to win 8 from there remaining 13 matches and that includes trips to ourselves, Villa, Huddersfield and Leeds and home games Vs Barnsley, Reading, Fulham and Brighton that's a big ask for Norwich.  

On 14/02/2017 at 20:03, The Naitch said:

Newcastle keeper with an absolute howler to allow Norwich to go 2-1 up. Some start to that game.

Was at this game and, at a time when most British grounds are very quiet, I was surprised by just how good the atmosphere at Carrow Road was. All of the fans in one of the home ends were on theier feet singing through the entire game, and there were quite a few times when they had all 4 stands singing together. It was really impressive.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Coyle's got the boot from Blackburn. My, what a surprise.

I was surprised he took the job, for a lot of different reasons. 1. The Venkys and the shambles they have made so far. 2. The supporters reaction given his previous clubs.

I suppose he had enough self belief to think he could overcome both. He'll have made another few bob anyway.

From the BBC website:-

Blackburn Rovers manager Owen Coyle has left the Championship side by mutual consent after eight months in charge.

The 50-year-old took over at Rovers in June 2016, but won just 11 of 37 games.

Blackburn are 23rd in the table, three points from safety, in a season which has also been marred by fan protests against the club's owners, Venky's.

"The decision has been taken to give the club the best possible chance of climbing to a position of safety in the Championship," said a club statement.

Coyle's last game was the 2-1 defeat in the FA Cup fifth round by Manchester United on Sunday.

Assistant manager Sandy Stewart, first-team coach John Henry and goalkeeping coach Phil Hughes have also left Ewood Park.

Blackburn's next game is away to fellow Championship strugglers Burton Albion on Friday - with Rovers winless on the road since November.

The club have said that the search for new manager will begin with "immediate effect".

Analysis

BBC Radio Lancashire's Andy Bayes

Owen Coyle's appointment was never going to be a success in the eyes of the supporters. The abuse from the travelling support directed at him in the recent draw with Rotherham was vociferous and I understand that his position was very much hanging in the balance from then on.

Coyle can rightly claim that he wasn't backed in terms of budget. He was given £250,000 to spend in the summer while he recouped in excess of £10m and the January transfer window saw him frustrated that the club failed to land his list of potential targets.

The fact that Rovers haven't been higher than 20th all season is the reason behind his departure. Financially they can ill afford relegation to League One, and whoever comes in has 15 games to save them.

Since the takeover of the club by Venky's in November 2010, the club are now looking to appoint a seventh permanent manager.

How can you expect to stay up if you only spend £250,000 and recoup over £10m.

Balckburn are heading to be the next Portsmouth as Venky's wont back the next manager just as they havent backed any other manager they have employed since 2010.

It's so bad to watch I would find paint drying more interesting to watch than this pishI'm seeing. Deserve to be losing and it could be worse than 2-0. Referee however....disgraceful first half and the worst I've seen in a very long time. Still wouldn't surprise me if we came away with all 3 points mind you. 

Better second half with more shots on goal but found Brentford's GK on top form tonight and overall was MOTM. Credit to Dean Smith clearly did his homework on us and they deserved all 3 points tonight. When we did finally get the ball past their GK it was far too late and would of been harsh if they didn't see it through. CC needs to bench Bannan, Reach and Wallace and start McManamen atleast he knows how to cross a ball and it might actually give Rhodes a chance to score the goals he was bought for. Another mention to the so called 'referee' who was the worst I've seen in a loooooong time and missed a clear penalty on Fessi in the first half who he should of booked if he didn't believe it was a penalty. Leeds Saturday massive game for both I have no doubt we'll turn up just hope we can bring the 3 points back to Sheffield.  

Archived