Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/11/2016 at 11:20, Diamonds are Forever said:

Alan Stubbs must be regretting leaving Hibs. Had it absolutely cushty there despite two total failures of league campaigns and after the cup win would probably have got away with continually failing for another couple of years. Instead he's at a club who aren't blinded by the emotion of a cup win and where he'll get punted if he doesn't achieve their goal. Such a lazy appointment by them, assuming someone can manage because of a cup win and not considering his poor league and play-off record is hilarious. A bit of research would have shown someone like Tommy Wright would have been an ideal appointment for Rotherham, proven over years he can work on a limited budget and get a team to play above themselves, rather than Stubbs under-achieving on a huge budget for the league. Even if you think he's some genius in the cup format, it's hardly relevant for Rotherham as I doubt FA Cup success was on their success criteria.

Hibs must be loving it though, got paid to get rid of him and replace him with a competent manager who'll win the league at the first attempt.

:whistle

Rotherham deserve to get relegated for such a lazy appointment. Although I knew he'd be terrible I didn't expect him to be out the door quite so quickly. 6 points from 39, good god.

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

:whistle

Rotherham deserve to get relegated for such a lazy appointment. Although I knew he'd be terrible I didn't expect him to be out the door quite so quickly. 6 points from 39, good god.

Fair play to you sir, you predicted this rather well.

I just hope they don't wise up and come sniffing about Tommy Wright this time, you may have to be burnt at the stake if true. For witch craft obviously!

Mind you the whole Hibs winning the league at the first attempt with Lennon is on bit of a shoogley peg if he can't get them in gear, long way to go mind you..

I doubt Rotherham fans would be too happy if they went after another manager from the pub league north of the border. Tommy won the cup but so did Stubbs so I doubt that would count for much. Can't see it.

The most unsurprising sacking ever. Bewilders me they looked up here and assumed Stubbs was the best option.

Expecting them to hire Martin Canning next.

Rotherham wankers. That's the biggest certainty on the coupon every week ruined. 

What a hilarious manager Stubbs is. Genuinely ludicrous appointment from the start and the sacking was inevitable as soon as he was appointed. Not to even make November though was pisspoor even by that imposter's standards. Look forward to him taking the Fleetwood-York-Sunday League route over the next couple of years 

2 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Karl Robinson has left the MK Dons by 'mutual consent'. He was the third longest serving manager in England.

Jobs like this worry me, surely one day someone will gamble on TW

Sleeping giant, EPL team in the Championship, fans deserve top league football, part of the English football heritage etc etc etc etc. It's absolutely made for Big Sam, his boyhood team. 

Archived