Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Rather embarrassing for QPR

Not long in from Loftus Road. We annihilated them, and it easily could have been 11 or 12 nil. The QPR fans who were still in the ground at full-time gave the Newcastle team a standing ovation, which I don't think I've ever seen before at a domestic game.

It's nice to be good for a bit.

9 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Jackson Irvine scores again!

This Tam Abrahim seems to score for Bristol City every week as well.

That Abraham looks some player potential England international if he continues what he's doing. We struggled to deal with him last night and he was by far best player on pitch so no wonder Conte wanted to keep him at Chelsea.

As for game we need to stop with these slow starts and abysmal first half displays at home as it's going to cost us points sooner rather than later. To not start your key man Forestieri is absolute shocking too from CC and we missed him in first half. Credit to lads though for the second half and the fight to come back and win 3-2 shows that the fight is there. 

Bannan and Fletcher again superb which can only be good for our national team and tbh Flecther easily could of got 3 last night.  

11 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Not long in from Loftus Road. We annihilated them, and it easily could have been 11 or 12 nil. The QPR fans who were still in the ground at full-time gave the Newcastle team a standing ovation, which I don't think I've ever seen before at a domestic game.

It's nice to be good for a bit.

Did you catch any anti JFH vibe? I got the impression they hadn't really taken to him.

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Did you catch any anti JFH vibe? I got the impression they hadn't really taken to him.

The rangers fans we spoke to on the tube seemed to think his tactics are too negative. They didn't seem very impressed.

Saying that, I had never heard of most of their team, so I don't know what kind of quality he has to work with.

On 14/09/2016 at 15:43, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The rangers fans we spoke to on the tube seemed to think his tactics are too negative. They didn't seem very impressed.

Saying that, I had never heard of most of their team, so I don't know what kind of quality he has to work with.

I heard on the radio he had to get rid of high earners and the cheaper replacements aren't up to it. The rumours have started anyway with Pullis being mentioned but that's being quickly shot down. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go though. Monks next stop?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37440689

"Premier League B teams and 'non-English' clubs will not be included in plans to reform the structure of English league football"

So no Old Firm in England, and no need for fucking B teams in the SPFL.

It has absolutely nothing to do with us but that result is still absolutely huge due to the dumplings in charge. If it went through you could've guaranteed Doncaster would've done everything in his power to make sure we copied it, just because they were doing it.

Good to hear.

There was no chance they were ever going to introduce external teams, and very little chance they were going to introduce B teams. As I've pointed out before... in England adding in B teams to the FL Trophy was a way of doing the very minimum possible in response to Dyke's plan, without being accused of refusing to heard the idea out; get a big wad of ££ from EPL; and is only for 1yr. Plus some people appear to think it's almost being set up to fail in order to put the whole idea to bed.

Up here it seems to be the opposite - despite clearly not having been so, Doncaster immediately hailed the B teams in the Challenge Cup as a huge success after media reports that Celtic B and Rangers B could be foisted on SPFL2.

Reading the article it will be interesting to see if they actually get any changes through. They are now down to the simple idea of adding 8 Conference National clubs in order to move from 3 divisions of 24 to the lengthened model of 4 divisions of 20. Only positives to this are the ability to scrap most midweek rounds and introduce a winter break. However most of the clubs below the Championship have said they wouldn't want a winter break anyway.

Their obvious difficulty is persuading clubs to vote for something that will come to mean 4, 8 and 12 of them respectively being demoted; adds 8 clubs to the prize pot; and eliminates 4 home games worth of income. Plus without the B teams the EPL has less reason to inject additional cash as a form of subsidy, except for a 20-team Championship perhaps being easier to "bounce back" from for relegated clubs.

Archived