Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

Had those sentiments myself until i read their shitey comments on their own thread ripping our set up to bits. Dont wish them any harm but why bother when every year we play them its the same snidey pish comments about our facilities, our junior status etc. Would prefer we just played some other non whinging club next year.

I'd be surprised if the posts on here represent the views of most Dumbarton fans. Maybe I'm naive. Either way, talking was done on the pitch - and whatever Clydebank's facilities, team, status, bank balance, etc, the Bankies won the game. It was a useful run out against a Championship team, and good game time for our young team in advance of the important fixtures coming up.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The starting 11 for Dumbarton tonight appeared to have 6 of their first team squad. Ryan Stevenson made a substitute appearance in the second half too. The Dumbarton website report's reference to "experimental" team selection was therefore, at best, misleading. A Championship team got beat by a team playing in the second division of junior football.

Despite the conditions, it was a solid performance by the Bankies, who having gone 2-0 up through 2 good goals were able to make multiple substitutions and give young players, trialists included, some game time.

Encouraging signs for the Bankies - showing promise of being a good side, but it's early days. Dumbarton fans shouldn't be embarrassed about the result on that basis, however the reporting glosses it. That said, Dumbarton's Championship status may well be questionable if tonight's team found the going tough. Hopefully that isn't the case - best wishes to Dumbarton and their fans for the season ahead.

Right hang on..

6 of them are on first team contracts but if we are being real about it - Two of the starting 11 tonight are first choice.. Docherty and pettigrew.

Gallagher last season probably was but that was much to most fans inconvenience.

2 young boys we gave first team contracts too in the summer don't get a look in, tonight was I think the first game either has started since signing and between them you're lucky if they have had 30 minutes on sub appearances.

Had those sentiments myself until i read their shitey comments on their own thread ripping our set up to bits. Dont wish them any harm but why bother when every year we play them its the same snidey pish comments about our facilities, our junior status etc. Would prefer we just played some other non whinging club next year.

Wind your neck in and stop trying to be offended[emoji38]no one criticised your 'set up'.

I replied on the sons thread. I know its not reflective of every sons fan but its bollocks some of the crap we get every year.

In all honestly I dont know a singular Sons fan who has anything negative to say about the current Clydebank setup.

Stuff on here is tongue in cheek, I wouldn't take it so seriously.

We can only beat what`s put in front of us and we did that with something to spare.

The two guys who cant get a look in both played on Saturday and Ryan Stevenson came on tonight,not that you`d have noticed mind you!

Youv probably picked me up wrong, one came on as a sub, got about 10 minutes and about 2 touches, then missed a penalty.

7 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

The starting 11 for Dumbarton tonight appeared to have 6 of their first team squad. Ryan Stevenson made a substitute appearance in the second half too. The Dumbarton website report's reference to "experimental" team selection was therefore, at best, misleading. A Championship team got beat by a team playing in the second division of junior football.

Despite the conditions, it was a solid performance by the Bankies, who having gone 2-0 up through 2 good goals were able to make multiple substitutions and give young players, trialists included, some game time.

Encouraging signs for the Bankies - showing promise of being a good side, but it's early days. Dumbarton fans shouldn't be embarrassed about the result on that basis, however the reporting glosses it. That said, Dumbarton's Championship status may well be questionable if tonight's team found the going tough. Hopefully that isn't the case - best wishes to Dumbarton and their fans for the season ahead.

Our team had 3 trialists, 3 youth players who won't feature for our first team and a goalkeeper who won't play again for us. The only first team players who will start every week were Pettigrew, Docherty and Stevo. If that's not experimental then I don't know what is. I really don't know why you guys place any sort of meaning on these results, they literally mean nothing and have never been an indicator for how our seasons go.

All the best, hopefully you guys take another step back to where you want to be.

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

You make a fair point. Just frustrating that every year we get the same crap from their fans, what do they expect from a junior club run by volunteers and without a wealthy benefactor like some other clubs??? Having seen the state of the pitch at the rock several times last year its a bit rich to slag off any other playing surface, theres has a big fecking dip in it.

Who has a wealthy benefactor? 

There were some jokes made in reference to you guys failing to have running water that year we had to postpone it, hardly us ripping into the volunteers who run the club. If some folk think your pitch is shite they'll say so. You don't need to be such a wee flower about it, we get it every week in the Championship.

Our team had 3 trialists, 3 youth players who won't feature for our first team and a goalkeeper who won't play again for us. The only first team players who will start every week were Pettigrew, Docherty and Stevo. If that's not experimental then I don't know what is. I really don't know why you guys place any sort of meaning on these results, they literally mean nothing and have never been an indicator for how our seasons go.

All the best, hopefully you guys take another step back to where you want to be.

Right, so you are. That ends all this to-ing and fro-ing on this forum page with Dumbarton anyway. Back to your Championship page - we can each now get on with games that matter.

9 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

To be fair I understand why you would think that 6 of our first team started, but a few people were wearing other players shirts! The #17 was David Smith's shirt, and I've no idea who was wearing it. Paul something I think.

Jamie Barclay

Craig Pettigrew Cameron Humbleton Trialist Aldo Mark Docherty

Amadou Kassarate Grant Gallagher Ryan Clark Trialist J

Trialist Paul Donald McCallum

That was our lineup, Humblebum or whatever he was called is only 16 apparently, so out of that team I reckon two will be regulars for us (Pettigrew who I'm not convinced by yet, and Sparky who doesn't look particularly match sharp). Kassarate is a relatively unknown youth teamer, and yesterday was Clark's 19th birthday. 

McCallum is a good wee player, but hasn't really developed as quickly as we'd hoped. I think most of our fans would rather he had gone out on loan to someone like yourselves a year or so back to get him used to playing adults football, but it didn't happen.

Dinnae get me started on Grant Gallagher :lol: You can keep him!

Anyway well played last night, your players were far more up for it in every sense. Every header, 50/50 and tackle was won and you restricted us to very few chances.

I'm glad you've mended your showers too ;)

Archived