BANKIEBILL

Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

Which season was the best for Clydebank in senior football ??

Im not exactly sure how you could get a definitive answer on that one, but i'd have to say Spring.

14 hours ago, Cel123 said:

A few ...

75-76 - second div title and Spring Cup final

76-77 - runners up in 1st Div - promoted to Premier. Took Rangers to 4 games in League Cup semi. The definitive Bankies team ... record win 

84-85 - Promoted to Premier again 

89-90 Scottish Cup semi 

many memorable games as well 

18 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

A few ...

75-76 - second div title and Spring Cup final

76-77 - runners up in 1st Div - promoted to Premier. Took Rangers to 4 games in League Cup semi. The definitive Bankies team ... record win 

84-85 - Promoted to Premier again 

89-90 Scottish Cup semi 

many memorable games as well 

Thanks alot will take a look at these.

Reasonably happy with the players kept on and the recent additions look to be decent enough. Feel we will do well to replace Little, and Bubba if he does go senior or elsewhere. Not really going into the new season with any expectations. Having been resigned to another year in the league below and somehow contrived to go up, my aims are somewhat lower than the managers and finishing 3rd bottom would do me just fine. As long as we win the Scottish while doing it...

Little is irreplaceable, perhaps, but we can but try. A 4-4-2 formation wouldn't have suited him anyway if that is the gaffer's preferred approach. And as you say, let's just enjoy this season.

Gutted to lose Little but reasonably happy with the signings. Forsyth is a decent player and versatile.

You boys better start getting lubed up now, Nade is preparing his length for some Bankie smashing on Saturday 8)

On 10/07/2017 at 20:38, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Little is irreplaceable, perhaps, but we can but try. A 4-4-2 formation wouldn't have suited him anyway if that is the gaffer's preferred approach. And as you say, let's just enjoy this season.

Disagree about Nicky Shahktar nobody is irreplaceable, I remember all the bed wetters when Daz left and we finished a position higher the following season.

You boys better start getting lubed up now, Nade is preparing his length for some Bankie smashing on Saturday 8)

Suppose you're due a win. You were completely embarrassed last year.

1 minute ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Due a win :lol:

We let you boys off our mantlepiece for this game every year.

Anyway, let's look to the future. Turn up for the books when Dumbarton shelves its youth set up whilst the Bankies build there's up. The fixture will last 10 years max - by then Dumbarton will be gone.

Last year was a Dumbarton team in kit only. This year (because we have no other option really) most of our fans might actually be able to identify some of our players.

You've never had to face Prince Nadé either, and he's fresh from ragdolling Partick Thistle's Player of the Year.

Don't say you haven't been warned*

*This going to look a little silly when we put out a team of 11 Trialists, and lose 2-0 again.

Last year was a Dumbarton team in kit only. This year (because we have no other option really) most of our fans might actually be able to identify some of our players.

You've never had to face Prince Nadé either, and he's fresh from ragdolling Partick Thistle's Player of the Year.

Don't say you haven't been warned*

*This going to look a little silly when we put out a team of 11 Trialists, and lose 2-0 again.

Ah yes, Big Nade... but he hasn't met the Gowser yet!

Some on this forum said last year that the Dumbarton "u17s" were being played. Didn't turn out to be the case. No such risk this year, of course.

Looking forward to it anyway!

I would doubt if Nade will be able to rag doll any of our central defenders! 

He'll probably be out injured anyway!

12 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Ah yes, Big Nade... but he hasn't met the Gowser yet!

Some on this forum said last year that the Dumbarton "u17s" were being played. Didn't turn out to be the case. No such risk this year, of course.

Looking forward to it anyway!

Dowser >>>> Gowser imo

Last year's team for us was a mixture of U17s, Trialists with no chance of a deal, former U20s and guys who were suspended for first team games. Oh, and Craig Pettigrew, and Jamie Barclay...

Looking at our team from that day, only Grant Gallagher is still with the club, and only Mark Docherty went on to be a regular last season. To be honest I'm not quite sure why the game happened, we had about 13 fit players, and the league started about 5 days later. It was very odd. 

Anyway this year I hope we put out a strong team, partly because it's quite dull watching a scattered group of jobbers you've never seen before take to the pitch, but mainly so we can give you lot a solid pumping ;)

37 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Anyway, let's look to the future. Turn up for the books when Dumbarton shelves its youth set up whilst the Bankies build there's up. The fixture will last 10 years max - by then Dumbarton will be gone.

We might well be gone in 10 years but our lack of youth set up won't have had anything to do with it. 

19 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

I would doubt if Nade will be able to rag doll any of our central defenders! 

He'll probably be out injured anyway!

There isn't a body on this planet that could stop an in heat Nade. He was looking as fit as ever last night so unless he picks up a knock at training I expect he'll play some part, although trialist Jordan Allan may well get a start ahead of him.

What the fucks a "Gowser"?

It's very strange that DFC have given up completely on any form of youth set up?

A few boys have moved to our youth teams because of it.

Its hardly going to going to go down well with WDC and the clubs plan to relocate.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

We might well be gone in 10 years but our lack of youth set up won't have had anything to do with it. 

There isn't a body on this planet that could stop an in heat Nade. He was looking as fit as ever last night so unless he picks up a knock at training I expect he'll play some part, although trialist Jordan Allan may well get a start ahead of him.

What the fucks a "Gowser"?

Gowser is a big lump of a centre half!