Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Moonster said:

Armand One wears Nade pyjamas.

Those pyjamas are actually Christian Nade's skin. One puts him back together each morning as part of his pre breakfast routine.

Dowser >>>> Gowser imo
Last year's team for us was a mixture of U17s, Trialists with no chance of a deal, former U20s and guys who were suspended for first team games. Oh, and Craig Pettigrew, and Jamie Barclay...
Looking at our team from that day, only Grant Gallagher is still with the club, and only Mark Docherty went on to be a regular last season. To be honest I'm not quite sure why the game happened, we had about 13 fit players, and the league started about 5 days later. It was very odd. 
Anyway this year I hope we put out a strong team, partly because it's quite dull watching a scattered group of jobbers you've never seen before take to the pitch, but mainly so we can give you lot a solid pumping [emoji6]

I recall Ryan Stevenson played last year - and got bossed.

Anyway, given its binning of its youth setup, DFC have few options other than their first team this weekend. Anything short of a complete horsing of a junior team (who have not played a single game this pre-season, and who have 11 signed players) will surely be a Progres style failure for the Championship club.

1 minute ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Anyway, given its binning of its youth setup, DFC have few options other than their first team this weekend. Anything short of a complete horsing of a junior team (who have not played a single game this pre-season, and who have 11 signed players) will surely be a Progres style failure for the Championship club.

If it's any less than 10 Aitken should be handed his P45 at full time.

I thought he was going to get one after the Bonnyrigg game!

Fair play to him for turning things round on what was a bleak night after being deservedly beaten by a Junior team.

Should be a good fitness exercise for us and if we can look at a few trialists too then all the better.

8 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Aye, Stevo was a late sub who did very little, just like he was for most of his 6 months at the club :(

Agreed. If we lose this though, then we shouldn't be blamed, it should be put down to playing diddy teams like Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dundee United every second week. We need to be in an Atlantic league.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Yeh you need to get yourselves up to a level with no fixture list and playing four times a week in the summer or in Largs case two games in ten weeks.

I really hope that there isn't anything sinister financially at Dumbarton with the youth team move etc, i'd hate to see the club go under before we get the chance to go above you in the league :P But in all seriousness I hope the financial picture is ok? Loosing big Gilbert was a huge blow.

I think the Youth team being cut was more to do with 'Project Brave' than anything else. God only knows what's going on behind the scenes, but the whole stadium thing hasn't cost the club a penny (yet) as far as I understand it. As unfortunate as it was for you lot, having the spectre of what happened with Clydebank's untimely demise plays large in the mind of many Sons fans, and is probably a reason why our fans are extra sceptical about the new Renton Superdome.

It's all based on rumours and assumptions, but I think we're fine financially at the moment. Not in a particularly good place, but not in a bleak one either. That can all change very quickly though, and losing intelligent people with DFC at heart like Gilbert can't have helped.

Obviously if you listen to our owners however they'll tell you that our only way to survive is by moving to a new 4000 seater stadium, in the middle of nowhere that presumably comes with an extra 3000 fans built in. They'll also tell you that we need to be full-time, and anyone who questions that move is 'lacking ambition'. 

Whatever happens with the planning app at Renton I suspect things will continue to be weird and political behind the scenes. Fortunately the Trust are in there fighting our corner, and I think they have the trust (so to speak) of all of us.

3 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

As much as the tontineodome sounds great is there any point in spending that much money building a ground which is even less accessible with the crowds you get?(thats not meant as a slight).
I think sfl clubs need to look at us as an example of what can happen when proper checks and balances are not put in place.
I'd really like to see the trust buy over the club soon as that's the only time I'll really feel like Dumbarton's secure.

Absolutely not, as far as I can see. Brabco (our owners) seem to have a 'build it and they will come' approach, but given we couldn't even sell out the home end against Rangers, I can't see fans attracted to a ground that's only really accessible in a vehicle. 

Clydebank should've been a warning to the governing body about what could happen, but I dare say most people have forgotten and moved on. I'd love to see us become fan owned, and I know it's something that some members of the Trust are very keen on, but I've no idea how sustainable, or even realistic it is. Ideally we need some 20 year old multi billionaire, and lifelong Sons fan to come along, and give us security for the future. I tick two of those boxes...unfortunately the one that's missing is the key!

9 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

This might not be popular amongst my fellow Bankies fans but if the decision to move was to be made I'd support a ground in Bowling shared between both clubs. Decent enough transport links, vast land up for grabs, railway station and its probably easier to sell than Renton especially as the flood risk is mitigated.

We struggle at times to convince fans that Holm Park is central enough for them to bother turning up to. f**k trying to sell Bowling to the neutrals.

Stevie Aitken pretty much confirming we'll have a team of mainly trialists out on Saturday, stating "we need to be careful, we've got a League Cup match on Tuesday". I reckon he read the stuff about Gowser on here and thought he'll need to protect his players from any injuries.

This might not be popular amongst my fellow Bankies fans but if the decision to move was to be made I'd support a ground in Bowling shared between both clubs. Decent enough transport links, vast land up for grabs, railway station and its probably easier to sell than Renton especially as the flood risk is mitigated.

Where abouts in bowling is there land 2 build a football ground?

Mon the papers

I know I say it every year but we really need the competitive edge back in our fixture. Best of luck for the season boys and I hope we can meet each other in a game that matters soon enough!

Thought we did well today considering it was our 1st game. Really good 1st half performance from us n unlucky not 2 go into the break winning. Fear for the sons if that's ur 1st team ur number 8 being ur best player

Mon the papers

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

Thought we did well today considering it was our 1st game. Really good 1st half performance from us n unlucky not 2 go into the break winning. Fear for the sons if that's ur 1st team ur number 8 being ur best player

Mon the papers

You did do well in the first half, I don't think we deserved to go in level. Wasn't anywhere near our first team in the first half, a bit more like it in the second but still a couple of trialists and a few players out of position. We still don't have a full squad signed up ao I'm not panicking off the back of that display today. Hope you guys take the Premier by storm, especially seeing as half our youth team appear to play for you now (and your away top is awfy Sons like ;))

Mon the papers

It was a pre season game littered with trialists that wont be signed. Our first team beat Partick Thistle on Tuesday which again means nothing.

You've no need to fear for us.

It was a pre season game littered with trialists that wont be signed. Our first team beat Partick Thistle on Tuesday which again means nothing.

You've no need to fear for us.

Thanks for the Sons' hospitality today. A decent run about for the Bankies, in their first game of pre-season, with a number of triallists.

Thanks for the Sons' hospitality today. A decent run about for the Bankies, in their first game of pre-season, with a number of triallists.

I was impressed with you boys today, particularly the lad Shelvey, some turn of pace on him. I vaguely remember him scoring about 50 odd goals one season for one of our local amateur teams before he signed for you.

I was impressed with you boys today, particularly the lad Shelvey, some turn of pace on him. I vaguely remember him scoring about 50 odd goals one season for one of our local amateur teams before he signed for you.

He did indeed. All the best to the Sons this season. See you next year at Holm Park.

Archived