Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to Kilsyth yesterday and really exposed our frailties at the moment! A defence short of pace, short of confidence and leaking goals for fun. No Spine to the team and struggling for that end product in a quality centre forward! We are certainly not as good as the early season favourites tag promised and Budgie must be looking at the squad fearing the worst right now. There is maybe hope in that the enforced break might allow some important players time to come back into contention with O'Neill and Allan solving two of our main issues. The lengthy lay-off they have both had though means more time required though to get up to speed. The Centre Forward issue is not going to get solved and I fear for next season as it will be difficult to keep the good players we do have. Only player I saw not stripped yesterday who is fit was big Hash all the rest were injured.

Again no doubts the better team won yesterday and also by a team who will be streets ahead of us come the end of the season. For us even a play-off place looks so far off right now, got to hope for a better 2017!

6 hours ago, Euzi said:

I was really surprised by how poor Clydebank were yesterday. Obviously I cant comment on other games but other than Burbidge I couldnt pick another Bankies player that was up to standard. It could have just been one of those days for you. Personally, I thought we grew in to the game after about 20-25 mins and after that controlled the game. Had a wee wobble at 3-0 when we gifted you a goal but got back the cushion pretty easily. 

It's a funny old game right 

I've seen our support comment a few times this year on the standard of our opposition. We should concentrate on our own teams performance and congratulate our team for a spended victory at one of our main rivals this season. By all accounts the team played very well and several players were standouts. Winning individual battles and fast counter play is what we are all about this season. Winning well and and scoring pleanty in the process, will make a lot of teams appear poor,  that's the objective. At 3-1 are they back in it ... bang 4 no its game over.  Feel it's just a tad disrespectful, to both teams after such a result to then  comment on how poor the opposition were. Clydebank will bounce back and the 7 point gap could have been only 1 if the result had swung the other way, and like Meadow done to us, they will be out to avenge that result, and that was the poorest Meadow team someone had seen!!  

We are a team short in confidence and that is never more apparent if we don't score first. I don't buy into some of the comments about how bad this league is and see it from the other perspective. I have seen Yoker play us off the park, us take 5 off a good Petershill side and see the team 2nd bottom run out deserved winners against us. Depending on what Girvan do with their games in hand 3rd is not that far out of reach and it only takes 5 wins in a row to get back in contention. Can see us doing that right now but stranger things have happened.

It was me your reffering too with the poorest meadow team ad seen in years comment ,and i stand by that at that particular time after that game ,they were rubbish that day ,obviously by the time we played them again in irvine they were a much better team an deseverdly beat us well .
Back to yesterday ,we were outstanding yesterday an made a usualy good bankies side look ordinary ,i think we were all more taken aback at the unexpected ease of our win more than slagging off clydebank as a team to be honest .

Disappointing game to come home to.

Biggest issue for me was a lack of desire and bravery. Lost almost every 50/50 and quite a few that were 60/40 in our favour. Kilsyth took their goals very well but for me all of them could have been easily avoided if we had put in more than a half hearted challenge around the halfway line, I think the first, second and fourth goals especially. That said, both the first and fourth also involved some excellent attacking play from Kilsyth, so credit where it is due there.

On 17/12/2016 at 20:29, KilsythCoyle said:

For us to go to Holm Park with a good chunk of our first team missing and dominate fairly comfortably against a "normally decent" Bankies side is good enough for me!! 

Your team is packed with quality and is huge in size. What's happening at Clydebank?? How you're not up top is beyond belief with the players and a squad that size is crazy??

4 players not even stripped today? Maybe that's your problem??

Maybe its a managerial problem??

Anyway, I'm pleased with the way things are going with my own club, and you lot can be in denial all you like, but we bossed you off the pitch all day long today! The league is what it is and you can only beat what's in front of you!

Probably not far off it looking from afar. I wouldn't read too much into posts and generalise them, people just frustrated. 

I think we actually have a good squad, but it's a massive squad and we haven't yet found a settled 11 or formation. Expectation was high to build on last season and truth be told we are just fading gradually. In this league anyone can beat anyone such is it's competitive nature and why we beat Petershill with ease one week and lose to Renfrew the following. 

There is still time to recover the season. But we've lost 4 already and did so while of last season and missed out. Out the two big cups early...it has been a hugely underwhelming season so far.

Excellent highlights by the bankies cameraman ,credit to him ,its sore putting it out there when its a defeat ,comedy gold on it ,bankies get there goal to make it 3-1 an give them a chink of light then we go an score our fourth an a dunno if its the cameraman or a guy standing beside him shouts "for christ's sake " really loud lol .

On 11/07/2016 at 13:36, The Moonster said:

I thought being in the Juniors would've given you boys a fair bit of realism but it seems you're even more deluded than before. I'm sorry I bothered to come in here and ask how much the fucking game would be :lol:

It's amazing you guys aren't back in the senior leagues and pissing it, what with a first team better than a Championship side and a better youth team to boast too.

Just seen this, we have played Dumbarton PY twice.

Won 2-1 first time at home. Won the second 4-0 away.  ;-)

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

srcstc.gif

Just providing you with the facts bud ha ha

Got a lot of time for Tony at Dumbarton doing great work with the academy. Especially with the development squad folding, he's had to adapt big jump from u17 to 1st team. All the best 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally very sorry to see Budgie go, and to be honest, I think it was our coaching side that needed looked at. I just don't think our current coaching staff have lived up to the staff we've had previously and were maybe too close to the manager and board outwith the football.

Archived