Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is still your thread, but I just wanted to say how pleased I was to see Ben McLean and Dylan Coll on your bench last night. 

Both played with my brother, and I coached Ben at Westerton until he moved on to Broomhill a couple of years back. They are really talented players, both have their heads screwed on correctly and come from great families (I always used to say that Ben played like an old guy when he was 14!). I know his Dad (and Grandad) really well, and they will have been absolutely over the moon for him last night.

Hopefully the start of successful Bankies careers for the two of them. Who knows, they might even get a move to West Dunbartonshire's premier footballing establishment one day ;)

I work closely with the 17s and those guys absolutely deserved their call ups. Ben is a very mature player for his age and Dylan has great ability. Was a special night having 5 18 year olds or younger beating the Scottish Cup finalists 3-0. 

The academy conveyor belt is well on the move. 

14 hours ago, BTID said:

I work closely with the 17s and those guys absolutely deserved their call ups. Ben is a very mature player for his age and Dylan has great ability. Was a special night having 5 18 year olds or younger beating the Scottish Cup finalists 3-0. 

The academy conveyor belt is well on the move. 

Pablo ... you and the other guys have been doing a fine job. Hopefully see more and more of the evidence coming through soon 

14 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Pablo ... you and the other guys have been doing a fine job. Hopefully see more and more of the evidence coming through soon 

Just doing my bit like everyone else does Bill, I just get the fun bit where I get to see first hand the lads developing to the next level. Very proud of the work we are all doing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks for confirming everything I’d heard about the majority of Clydebank fans[emoji849].

Right enough, no idea why anyone would sign for an SPFL team rather than your mob.

“Appear to be signing everyone ala Queens Park” really? Who have they signed?

Wow thanks for confirming everything I’d heard about the majority of Clydebank fans[emoji849].

Right enough, no idea why anyone would sign for an SPFL team rather than your mob.

“Appear to be signing everyone ala Queens Park” really? Who have they signed?

They’ve been inviting a lot of junior players to pre season training, lets not pretend they haven’t. Its been quite widely discussed with fans/officials of several junior teams confirming players departing there. The fact you’ve also bit quite spectacularly suggests there’s no smoke without fire.
As for the spfl comment, with what i’ve been told about Albion Rovers budget I can easily see that not being the case this time next year.
Don’t come on a thread and expect fans of any football club to do your scouting for you.

Archived