Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/07/2017 at 20:38, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Little is irreplaceable, perhaps, but we can but try. A 4-4-2 formation wouldn't have suited him anyway if that is the gaffer's preferred approach. And as you say, let's just enjoy this season.

Disagree about Nicky Shahktar nobody is irreplaceable, I remember all the bed wetters when Daz left and we finished a position higher the following season.

Suppose you're due a win. You were completely embarrassed last year.

Last year was a Dumbarton team in kit only. This year (because we have no other option really) most of our fans might actually be able to identify some of our players.

You've never had to face Prince Nadé either, and he's fresh from ragdolling Partick Thistle's Player of the Year.

Don't say you haven't been warned*

*This going to look a little silly when we put out a team of 11 Trialists, and lose 2-0 again.

Last year was a Dumbarton team in kit only. This year (because we have no other option really) most of our fans might actually be able to identify some of our players.

You've never had to face Prince Nadé either, and he's fresh from ragdolling Partick Thistle's Player of the Year.

Don't say you haven't been warned*

*This going to look a little silly when we put out a team of 11 Trialists, and lose 2-0 again.

Ah yes, Big Nade... but he hasn't met the Gowser yet!

Some on this forum said last year that the Dumbarton "u17s" were being played. Didn't turn out to be the case. No such risk this year, of course.

Looking forward to it anyway!

12 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Ah yes, Big Nade... but he hasn't met the Gowser yet!

Some on this forum said last year that the Dumbarton "u17s" were being played. Didn't turn out to be the case. No such risk this year, of course.

Looking forward to it anyway!

Dowser >>>> Gowser imo

Last year's team for us was a mixture of U17s, Trialists with no chance of a deal, former U20s and guys who were suspended for first team games. Oh, and Craig Pettigrew, and Jamie Barclay...

Looking at our team from that day, only Grant Gallagher is still with the club, and only Mark Docherty went on to be a regular last season. To be honest I'm not quite sure why the game happened, we had about 13 fit players, and the league started about 5 days later. It was very odd. 

Anyway this year I hope we put out a strong team, partly because it's quite dull watching a scattered group of jobbers you've never seen before take to the pitch, but mainly so we can give you lot a solid pumping ;)

37 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Anyway, let's look to the future. Turn up for the books when Dumbarton shelves its youth set up whilst the Bankies build there's up. The fixture will last 10 years max - by then Dumbarton will be gone.

We might well be gone in 10 years but our lack of youth set up won't have had anything to do with it. 

19 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

I would doubt if Nade will be able to rag doll any of our central defenders! 

He'll probably be out injured anyway!

There isn't a body on this planet that could stop an in heat Nade. He was looking as fit as ever last night so unless he picks up a knock at training I expect he'll play some part, although trialist Jordan Allan may well get a start ahead of him.

What the fucks a "Gowser"?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

We might well be gone in 10 years but our lack of youth set up won't have had anything to do with it. 

There isn't a body on this planet that could stop an in heat Nade. He was looking as fit as ever last night so unless he picks up a knock at training I expect he'll play some part, although trialist Jordan Allan may well get a start ahead of him.

What the fucks a "Gowser"?

Gowser is a big lump of a centre half!

Just now, Bankies Alive said:

Gowser is a big lump of a centre half!

I see. Given that Nade has just bossed Partick Thistle's player of the year last night, I'm sure he's quaking in his boots at the thought of Gowser this weekend.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I see. Given that Nade has just bossed Partick Thistle's player of the year last night, I'm sure he's quaking in his boots at the thought of Gowser this weekend.

The phrase that was used was "rag dolled"  if you`d ever seen big Gow you`d know that wont be happening.

I`ll be sure to let him know that the challenge has been put down :whistle

Archived