• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/12/2016 at 23:00, Urris67 said:

3fdb8b5f7dcff288a1ec93754e1aefda.jpg

Arguably Budgie's best team!

Liked that team. Was a good day that.

On 30/12/2016 at 23:26, kilbowie2002 said:

Thought the cup final team was pretty good and the one from our first season in the super prem. The side with Alan Jack, Andy Kenna and Hailstones was one of my favourites to watch.

The cup final team were good to watch, as was the side who were promoted to the super prem the first time, that promotion season was good fun.

Read the piece in the Daily Record a few days ago regarding the managerial situation which seemed to suggest Alan Jack as a front runner, along with Stephen Swift. Not sure who else is being interviewed, but of the names I have seen rumoured I would probably have Jack as my personal favourite.

Already known to the fans and highly thought of which will give him a bit of breathing space when he arrives, well connected within the junior game which is essential for anyone wanting to manage at this level, and has previous experience with Rossvale, who have the kind of set up I would be wanting implemented at us in the long term.

Hopefully whoever takes over will be taking over a winning team. Need to follow up last weeks win with another positive result tomorrow, should the game against Yoker go ahead.

47 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Don't think Bankies fans would like Swifts brand of football tbh . Him & Jack the only real candidates of not as far as I'm led to believe

We played good fitba under swift in the first division year we got promoted  mate !!  Was when we stepped up it all changed 

It's all been very quiet on the ground front. I'm loathe to speculate and hope these comments aren't unhelpful to the club but when you factor in the planning and public sector procurement processes it sounds unrealistic to me that the ground will be completed this year.

I'm guess I'm asking for any new information to be reassured.

POTC the holidays have meant that nothing has been taken forward ... meetings due next week. The project is being run by council themselves so expect planning to be less of an issue. 

Still hope to get it kicked off by end of the season and in situ by Octoberish with a fair wind. 

Didn't see that appointment coming, of the names I'd heard mentioned he would have been my outsider.

Welcome aboard and good luck. Need to hit the ground running and get our promotion push well on track.

Archived