The Obligatory League Prediction Thread

#Ronseal 

Most of the squads will be close to complete now I reckon, given the League Cup's just around the corner, so what's everyone's 1-10 prediction for the Division. I'll kick things off, where I'm likely to be hopelessly wrong...

1 - Clyde

2 - Arbroath

3 - Forfar Athletic

4 - Stirling Albion

5 - Cowdenbeath

6 - Annan

7 - Elgin City

8 - Montrose

9 - Berwick

10 - Edinburgh City

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Arbroath
2. Clyde
3. Forfar
4. Berwick
5. Cowdenbeath
6. Stirling
7. Elgin
8. Edinburgh city
9. Annan
10. Montrose

1 - Cowdenbeath

2 - Clyde

3 - Arbroath

4 - Forfar

5 - Elgin City

6- Stirling

7 - Annan Athletic

8 - Berwick Rangers

9 - Edinburgh City

10 - Montrose

Well that's what my heart says anyway!

Happy to see us flying below the radar on here. Thin first team squad, but if they stay fit they look a like a classic Coughlin outfit, with extra quality from the likes of McKenna, Mackie Sheerin and Thompson, plus a quality trio of centre backs. We'll be compact, well organised and hard to beat, though goals may be at a premium. Top 4 finish, though I predict that every year.

Happy to see us flying below the radar on here. Thin first team squad, but if they stay fit they look a like a classic Coughlin outfit, with extra quality from the likes of McKenna, Mackie Sheerin and Thompson, plus a quality trio of centre backs. We'll be compact, well organised and hard to beat, though goals may be at a premium. Top 4 finish, though I predict that every year.

Extra quality from Jordyn Sheerin??

1 - Clyde (The Peaso factor)

2 - Arbroath (Will either be top 2 or bottom 2)

3 - Cowdenbeath (Surely the slump must end?)

4 - Forfar (hoping we can make playoffs and get up)

5 - Berwick Rangers (same 4 in 5th-8th as last season)

6 - Stirling (same 4 in 5th-8th as last season)

7 - Annan Athletic  (same 4 in 5th-8th as last season)

8 - Montrose (same 4 in 5th-8th as last season)

9 - Elgin City (may suffer a hangover after last season's so-near-but-so-far)

10 - Edinburgh City (don't know enough - but could do in this league what Albion did in League 1 last season)

For the last 3-4 seasons I've predicted we'd finish between 5-8th I think, so I've not been far off. This year is the first I fancy us to do something, mainly because we won't be easy to beat under Coughlin.

1. Forfar Athletic

2. Clyde

3. Cowdenbeath

4. Berwick Rangers

5. Arbroath

6. Elgin City

7. Stirling Albion

8. Annan Athletic

9. Edinburgh City

10. Montrose

I expect things to either go majorly wrong for Forfar or they'll get it spot on. I like their signings though and East Fife are probably proof that you can get away with not clicking straight away so they should get time to gel if needed. Clyde are another side who've added fairly well but I'm still unsure about their defence and their ability to see out games. Cowden have added fairly well considering but I think they might be fairly inconsistent. Fancy us to match most sides and pip Arbroath, who will be another side who are hard to beat, to 4th, probably due to our slightly larger squad depth (which says a lot given we barely have any ourselves!).

Elgin are rapidly becoming the next Montrose, bound for mediocrity for their career. I really don't rate Stirling's boss. Henderson will undoubtedly add goals but Stirling fans seem to have a hard on over what are some of the most average defenders and 'keepers in the league, that'll come back to haunt em - I suspect the gaffer won't last the season. Annan could well change but their business, or lack of, is uninspiring to say the least.

The bottom two I'd expect will be close. I fancy the spirit of Edinburgh to see them through, but the reality is that both sides will be fucking dross.

Archived