north division 2016/2017

sniffer

no one speaking about north division yet so I thought I would start one, here are the teams for this season, who do you think are the bookies favourites ?

ARBROATH VICS

BLAIRGOWRIE

BRECHIN VICS

COUPAR ANGUS

DUNDEE NORTH END

EAST CRAIGIE

FORFAR ALBION

KINNOULL

KIRRIEMUIR THISTLE

LOCHEE HARP

LOCHORE WELFARE

LUNCARTY

NEWBURGH

SCONE THISTLE

THORNTON HIBS

Playing in this league 2 seasons ago was hard to get out. A lot of teams hard to beat. Thorton lost 4 players from last season squad but brought in 5 or 6. Out the 4 players 2 starters so we will be hopen to push on from where we finished last year. A good start this year is imperative. Il go thorton Blairgowrie east craigie

If what I've heard about Luncarty is all fact I think they may be a strong proposition this season

Kirrie are a good side who will be in the mix and Thornton Hibs will be in about the top of the league.

Newburgh will finish a lot higher this season than last as they have made several good signings and the squad looks far more settled this year. Hopefully see some of you on my travels

Should be a decent league. Got to fancy Thornton who will be looking to bounce straight back up. Kirrie are a good side and Blairgowrie always in the mix. North end are a good young side and have made a big signing if what I hear is true. 

Thornton in Nick McGowan Oakley  dean Macmillan lochore a boy from rosyth and a few boys on trial. With a few more in talks. Out Adam Drummond gpr Ammys lea schavonne St. Andrews Mathew gay k s h

The way Thornton finished last season then they'll be more than confident in promotion if they can continue that. With Chrissy Ireland there they've always got plenty goals in the team anyway. 

Newburgh have signed Scott Finlay from Tayport, Steven Harris from Kinnoull, Kyle Baker who was ammie with Balgonie Scotia and Graham Scrimegeour who was previously at Dundee Violet. A few more on the horizon as well I hear

Newburgh's pre-season kicks off this Saturday with Lowson UTD visiting East Shore Park followed by another home fixture against Bridge of Earn on Tuesday.
Any other fixtures involving North League teams this weekend?

Archived