Safe standing section

Just wondering, with Celtic being the first top flight club in the UK to bring in a safe standing section, do you think it's something that your club might bring in?

I seen The Lying King say that he was going to consult the 'The Rangers' fans over bringing in a safe standing area & it would no doubt be located in their old east & west enclosures by the tunnels.

As well as safe standing, I hope that Celtic have also increased our wheelchair section to accommodate the new signings at Ibrox for when they visit :lol:

So...could your club benefit from a Safe Standing area? If so where would it be best located?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering, with Celtic being the first top flight club in the UK to bring in a safe standing section, do you think it's something that your club might bring in?

I seen The Lying King say that he was going to consult the 'The Rangers' fans over bringing in a safe standing area & it would no doubt be located in their old east & west enclosures by the tunnels.

As well as safe standing, I hope that Celtic have also increased our wheelchair section to accommodate the new signings at Ibrox for when they visit :lol:

So...could your club benefit from a Safe Standing area? If so where would it be best located?

That you oot the jail then Davie?

It's supposed to happening in Dingwall by the season after this one, I hoped it would be done for this season but think they're going to see how it works at Celtic.

I'd guess it would be at the Jail End for County? Feels like only very recently that was still a terrace anyway.

Standing is already accepted in the North Stand at Firhill so can't see the club spending money on converting the stand tbh.

Just a pity that the safe standing wasn't in place before Thistle demolished the old terracing behind the goals.

Got a lot of sympathy for Thistle. First they had to splash out on a 10,000 seated stadium only to see others then be allowed to build 6,000 capacity grounds. Then after all that, in comes safe standing after they demolish that terracing.

I'd guess it would be at the Jail End for County? Feels like only very recently that was still a terrace anyway.

It will be in the Jail End, where there are bolted-in frames of temporary seating, so hopefully it won't be a huge job to do.

County have been talking about it for 12 months, but are happy for Celtic to take the risk/reward before doing it themselves.

Aye mate, thought I'd pop my head in again & see if it was free of nonsense lol.

You looking forward to the upcoming season?

Always. Interested to see how this safe standing gets on. Would love to see if in place at the "standless" side of our ground.

It will be in the Jail End, where there are bolted-in frames of temporary seating, so hopefully it won't be a huge job to do.

County have been talking about it for 12 months, but are happy for Celtic to take the risk/reward before doing it themselves.

Celtic have been trying for a few years now but Glasgow City Council refused to allow it. Seems they were passing the buck back to the Scottish Government for giving it the green light while they passed it back to GCC.

Always. Interested to see how this safe standing gets on. Would love to see if in place at the "standless" side of our ground.

Could be the answer to a lot of clubs problems. Got to admit, I like TFS a lot. Would be a fantastic wee stadium if they could match a 4th stand with the rest of the ground but I guess it's not really needed. If they went with a safe standing section in that side I'd be interested to see how it fits in with the rest of the stadium.

Will it be the Green Brigade thats housed there?

Really hope the Fans don't make a c**t of it. I would love to see this rolled out across the SPL.

Will it be the Green Brigade thats housed there?

Really hope the Fans don't make a c**t of it. I would love to see this rolled out across the SPL.

The club asked fans wishing to be relocated to this area, to put it on their ST renewal forms. Now this is the section the GB currently house themselves so I think the safe money is on the fact they will be in here again and that their numbers will grow as more younger fans flock to the area for the atmosphere of old. Plus given the club always battling with the GB to sit down after repeated threats from GCC over losing our safety license due to them standing, it would seem logical that they will continue to be housed there.

Can't see them fucking it up tbh. I mean they are only going to do there what they would in a seating section.

Would love to see safe standing on the south side of Dens. Either filling in the gap at the side of the Derry that isn't used, or extend the Derry to that area and make the whole stand safe standing.

Have a feeling the board have already said they aren't considering it at the moment though.

Archived