Irvine Meadow XI 2016/17

Kochice

23 hours ago, lazyjack said:

Should make our Marymass derby that wee bit more tastier :thumsup2

Should be tasty and also adding an edge to both our league campaigns I would think.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Irvine vics were played off the park v cambuslang at the weekend, how it finished a draw is anyone's guess. So really do not fancy Irvine vics chances this season..

What game were you watching??:blink::blink:

It was a game of two halves where we could have had the game out of sight by half time. A perfectly good goal disallowed for offside when we were up 1-0 plus hitting the woodwork and you keeper making a couple of good saves, where as our keeper should have paid his £3 admission and stood with us for the first half.

The second half you guys had the vast majority of the play and chances. Overall a  draw was a fair result over the piece given the superstars in your team, Deco, Messi and Panenka(Lol!):lol:

What game were you watching??:blink::blink:

It was a game of two halves where we could have had the game out of sight by half time. A perfectly good goal disallowed for offside when we were up 1-0 plus hitting the woodwork and you keeper making a couple of good saves, where as our keeper should have paid his £3 admission and stood with us for the first half.

The second half you guys had the vast majority of the play and chances. Overall a  draw was a fair result over the piece given the superstars in your team, Deco, Messi and Panenka(Lol!):lol:

Out of sight not a chance, bar rattled, keeper made a good save from the young striker, "panenka" lol! Should of had a penalty in first half and the keeper spilled a decent attempt from a free kick where as I can think of one maybe two chances for the vics other than the goal! And your perfectly good goal was disallowed correctly I was right in like with the 6 yard box , offside !

Second half vics had one shot in the box blocked the rest of the half was an absolute trouncing and that was a cambuslang team that has never played before with 8 debutants starting against a quoted from the paper "tried and tested" vics starting XI.

The penalties were of a great standard from both sides and credit to the trialist from vics stepping up to seal the deal after "panenka" haha

10 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Out of sight not a chance, bar rattled, keeper made a good save from the young striker, "panenka" lol! Should of had a penalty in first half and the keeper spilled a decent attempt from a free kick where as I can think of one maybe two chances for the vics other than the goal! And your perfectly good goal was disallowed correctly I was right in like with the 6 yard box , offside !

Second half vics had one shot in the box blocked the rest of the half was an absolute trouncing and that was a cambuslang team that has never played before with 8 debutants starting against a quoted from the paper "tried and tested" vics starting XI.

The penalties were of a great standard from both sides and credit to the trialist from vics stepping up to seal the deal after "panenka" haha

Okay will agree to disagree, that's what the fitba is all about. You're correct about the shoot out though, first 10 penalties were top notch. the wee guy who hit the winner signed on with us the other night, good stuff

Don't want to overstay my welcome but this is a forum for our neighbours so, all the best for the rest of the season! :thumsup2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Ben Black looks a cracking signing.

Was at the match against us on Saturday,& the young boy Black had a good game,having an assist with Medda's equalizer.I know a few teams were trying to sign the boy,including Talbot,so Medda have done well to get him.Good luck in the new season.

11 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Just thinking after Martins excellent fly past of Meadow Park on his great wee thread. Did the ground ever have a bigger footprint than currently ? Was some of it sold off perhaps ?

A small section at the james cres end was sold for housing, not too sure about the wilson ave end (pay in end)

Archived