Martin and Hanley

18 minutes ago, haggisbeastie said:

Grant Hanley has been bought for Championship level. If any Premiership team really rated him, they would have bought him years ago.

Newcastle will drop him to bench if they return back to Premiership, as they will buy real quality then....

Sad, but how most Scots players are thought of at top-level in England.

Don't agree with that at all. Central defence isn't usually an area that's played around with when a team gets promoted. Very rarely do they start chopping and changing with the centre backs from the get go.

Plus, Hanley is good enough. He'll prove that. Plus I don't think Rafa has anything against his nationality, so why would it matter that he's Scottish?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't agree with that at all. Central defence isn't usually an area that's played around with when a team gets promoted. Very rarely do they start chopping and changing with the centre backs from the get go.

Plus, Hanley is good enough. He'll prove that. Plus I don't think Rafa has anything against his nationality, so why would it matter that he's Scottish?

We'll see then.

21 minutes ago, haggisbeastie said:

Three more average footballers...

No. You'll see. Hanley has never played succesfully for a team upon which any expectation is placed. Maybe he'll do well, perhaps not: in Benitez, he has the greatest chance he'll ever get to become a seious, proper footballer. The man made a career for the likes of Arbeloa and convinced Djimi Traore he was good, after all. 

I just can't wait for your excuses if/when he totally c***s this wonderful opportunity. 

No. You'll see. Hanley has never played succesfully for a team upon which any expectation is placed. Maybe he'll do well, perhaps not: in Benitez, he has the greatest chance he'll ever get to become a seious, proper footballer. The man made a career for the likes of Arbeloa and convinced Djimi Traore he was good, after all. 

I just can't wait for your excuses if/when he totally c***s this wonderful opportunity. 

? Are you having another bad/confusing day?

Are you getting the threads mixed up?

Not at all. If i'm having a bad day, you're having a fucking horrendous month. Your sole rating of players, appears to be based on how much money they move for. Stick to whatwver the f**k you think you know, chump. 

You need to calm the f**k down. You get worked up over something you have no control over. Just give it a rest ffs.

Who's worked up!! Either make your own sensible or (likely) wildly batshit mental statements like HB here, or GTF. I've repeatedly asked Beastie why he thinks what he does, it's not my fault his every answer is a tear-stained trail of excuses and denial. 

Who's worked up!! Either make your own sensible or (likely) wildly batshit mental statements like HB here, or GTF. I've repeatedly asked Beastie why he thinks what he does, it's not my fault his every answer is a tear-stained trail of excuses and denial. 

You are. I have agreed with a lot you have said in this forum regarding Scotland but it's just your response/reaction to other people's views that are well ott.

I don't get the 'Hanley is shite and I can't wait to be proven right' drivel. He's got a good move and a great chance to become a top flight defender for the second half of his career. Only a proper tw*t would claim to be a Scotland supporter and want him to fail.

This forum is littered with posters who find there sole purpose on here to just shoot down others opinions. When it comes down to it we all know we're shite so rather than just troll everyone's views is it too much to ask to debate with some sort of adult views rather than keyboard hard man act. 

Hanley when he 1st came on the scene imo was not good enough but we stuck with him and is now reaping the rewards of being thrown in as he is improving well for us. He now will be playing in a better team with a top notch manger to boot so can only bode well for us.  He is the perfect example of getting our younger players international experience and over a campaign seeing big improvement 

What difference does it make if i, or anyone rates him highly or not? Being in the top two available CB's is one thing, but it's not because of a stealth, unbreakable bond with Martin....there's just simply f**k all else. This isn't either of their faults, and i can more than live with players' limitations. My subtle point, is that the majority or CB's as regular as Hanley has been, over the last two decades, have had far better records for the country than he has. This is s fact. 

However, the assertion that only a twat would wish failure, what does panning the efforts and abilities of players who had resoundingly better Scotland careers than players who have now collectively failed to keep us competitive until the final group match in three successive campaigns (could make that four, as beating Holland in 2009 would have been meaningless) make anyone else? Take away the name of the clubs of the players, and there is very little about those players. They have disgraced the nation on numerous occasions, but the unique twist of football is they are the ones who keep getting the chance to put it right. Until 2004, and briefly between 2006-8, no-one needed to prove anything. This, is also a fact. 

Northern Ireland prove you don't need PL stars to make it, and we have very few established ones left...again, limitations i can more than live with. Strachan's the one who hasn't managed these deficiencies at all well, and hasn't done Hanley any favours at all. 

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed Steven Caulker scored for QPR last week or the week before, maybe try giving him a call? He's never going to play for England if we couldn't make that dreadful Euros squad.

He's already played for England

I noticed Steven Caulker scored for QPR last week or the week before, maybe try giving him a call? He's never going to play for England if we couldn't make that dreadful Euros squad.

I find it really sad that Caulker's name keeps coming up. Good player and we do need someone of his quality but If he ever does play for us it'd be the most obviously mercenary capping since Dom Matteo.

I find it really sad that Caulker's name keeps coming up. Good player and we do need someone of his quality but If he ever does play for us it'd be the most obviously mercenary capping since Dom Matteo.

Maybe, did Phil Bardsley not rule himself out when he was younger then change his mind?

Archived