West premier super league 2016/17

Talbot Hurlford to contest league I think. Pollok certainty for relegation.

Busy season for us with the big scottish and hope we progress far enough to get in the hat with the big boys and a plum tie.

We have good team with most from last season still there. All the same not inspired with our signings so far to really kick on.

You'll be coming with us then. Not much between us last season and we've definitely strengthened.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't having a go mate was just wondering lol, I agree with you that the league will be tough to call! I can see Kilwinning staying up especially with them re instating the manager who has them playing really well.

Pollok I think will end up top half of the table. They had a good season for a team just being promoted the previous year and I think their team will improve. They'll do the best out of the central teams in the league.

With Rob Roy I think we'll be favourites for the drop. As previously mentioned we have the smallest budget. If we play as well as we played in the first half of last season I think we can beat the drop. I hope lol

Think you will struggle myself as the twice I seen Rabs you struggled .but thought the same last season. Was at the end of the season though when you were basically safe. But start as you did last season then me & others will be eating humble pie again lol

Think you will struggle myself as the twice I seen Rabs you struggled .but thought the same last season. Was at the end of the season though when you were basically safe. But start as you did last season then me & others will be eating humble pie again lol

I hope you do lol. No disagreeing though it will be very very tough but exciting at how unpredictable it is

I think beith will be in the relegation battle

Fluke season gone by but looking through there squad not counting them as serious opposition

Favorable draws in Scottish and won it

:lol:

Yup the buffs destroying Camelon and linlithgow made them a favourable draw :lol:

Beith juniors scottish cup champions get over it .lol.

I think beith will be in the relegation battle

Fluke season gone by but looking through there squad not counting them as serious opposition

Favorable draws in Scottish and won it

Bit unfair to them Berry. Credit where it's due:wacko:

Talbot Hurlford to contest league I think. Pollok certainty for relegation.

Busy season for us with the big scottish and hope we progress far enough to get in the hat with the big boys and a plum tie.

We have good team with most from last season still there. All the same not inspired with our signings so far to really kick on.

At least you are consistent.

Too early in the season. Talbot have shed 5 players and signed 2. The loss of at least a third of last season's squad will be hard to replace, but no doubt the Talbot management team have some irons in the fire. I enjoyed last seasons title race....well up until the three games a week and the running of the whole debacle by the WSJFA. The sight of the Talbot players celebrating winning the league with no trophy was nothing more than a disgrace to our grade of football.

Too early in the season. Talbot have shed 5 players and signed 2. The loss of at least a third of last season's squad will be hard to replace, but no doubt the Talbot management team have some irons in the fire. I enjoyed last seasons title race....well up until the three games a week and the running of the whole debacle by the WSJFA. The sight of the Talbot players celebrating winning the league with no trophy was nothing more than a disgrace to our grade of football.

Numbers wise yes Talbot are depleted but look at the players who have left, only Boyd was a regular. I would hope the players we sign will be better than the ones who left and the squad will be stronger.

Johnstone: Back up goalie. Never played, not a huge loss

Findlay: Young lad, played a handful of games. Good luck to him but probably better away from talbot to play more

Gillies: Played a handful of games. Wasn't even available for the 2nd half of the season.

Love: Big fan and deserved more playing time but Tucker seen him as 4th choice striker at best.

Boyd: Regular starter and will be missed. Was a terrier in midfield but had no creativity whatsoever. I was a bigger goal threat standing on the terraces.

Number wise we are down but the players who left can certainly be improved upon.

PS. I realise my assestments may come across as a bit harsh and all of them did their best for Talbot and I wish them all good luck but better players are out there which will improve the squad

It's gonna be a cracker all teams apart from ourselves are looking healthy in the signing department. Honestly think we need a couple of more decent signs before the start so hopefully Tucker and his Messrs have got their plans ready.

It's a hard one to call with so many Ayrshire teams kicking about. I can't see any of the teams who finished outside of the top 5 winning it this year. As the squads currently stand Pollok, Troon and Ladeside look best placed to threaten the two favorites - Largs and Beith have a bit of a Hex over Ladeside which they will need to overcome to win the league.

Archived