West premier super league 2016/17

Thought I'd start a Wee thread for us all involved to chat about fixtures games news etc . Got our first 4 fixtures earlier & a tough start in what will be the hardest league yet in my opinion

League fixtures

27th August Troon_FC away

3rd September ArthurlieFC home

10th September GlenaftonAJFC home

17th Sept Hurlford away

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been paying attention. Have there been many eye catching comings and goings to suggest anything else but another Talbot and Hurlford dog fight?

I assume Pollok will be trying to mount a challenge and Beith will be feeling like kicking on

Think it will be to close to call plus it is a hard start for us in my opinion

Talbot (H) 27/8

Ladeside (A)3/9

Beith (A) 10/9

Cumnock (H) 17/9

There are no easy games in the division again next season. Think there will be very little between the teams in 4th and 5th and those in 9th and 10th. Hopefully we can improve our consistency as that was our only real problem last season.

Regardless of who you get in the first 4 league games it's going to be 4 real tough ones that can go either way.

Genuinely believe that the days of any whipping boys are gone in the super west premier division.

Any of the top 4 in the 1st last season would be a welcome addition to this league . Hence my argument for a 16 team top league .

Talbot Hurlford to contest league I think. Pollok certainty for relegation.

Busy season for us with the big scottish and hope we progress far enough to get in the hat with the big boys and a plum tie.

We have good team with most from last season still there. All the same not inspired with our signings so far to really kick on.

Any of the top 4 in the 1st last season would be a welcome addition to this league . Hence my argument for a 16 team top league .

It's a no brainer and would see more fearless football rather than a rat race for the top end hand out or relegation .

Very fine line between both.

Talbot Hurlford to contest league I think. Pollok certainty for relegation.

Busy season for us with the big scottish and hope we progress far enough to get in the hat with the big boys and a plum tie.

We have good team with most from last season still there. All the same not inspired with our signings so far to really kick on.

What makes you think Pollok for relegation?

What makes you think Pollok for relegation?

It's a very hard call this year imo . Obviously the 3 teams coming up will be favourites for the drop but personally don't see it as clear cut as that . Should be some league . Pity it will all be decided the last 6 to 7 weeks of the season

It's a very hard call this year imo . Obviously the 3 teams coming up will be favourites for the drop but personally don't see it as clear cut as that . Should be some league . Pity it will all be decided the last 6 to 7 weeks of the season

Wasn't having a go mate was just wondering lol, I agree with you that the league will be tough to call! I can see Kilwinning staying up especially with them re instating the manager who has them playing really well.

Pollok I think will end up top half of the table. They had a good season for a team just being promoted the previous year and I think their team will improve. They'll do the best out of the central teams in the league.

With Rob Roy I think we'll be favourites for the drop. As previously mentioned we have the smallest budget. If we play as well as we played in the first half of last season I think we can beat the drop. I hope lol

Archived