West premier super league 2016/17

Kilbirnie need another striker or won't be anywhere near top

got 4 strikers but. Forde grehan. Mcternan,McElroy, and last seasons top scorer just resigned who played up top half the season meechan. Grehan took a while to adjust to our level but once he did we scored plenty.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the new season. Far too early to make any predictions.

I watched Auchinlieck Talbot very closely last season. They have altered their playing style, took a wee while to bed in, but they finished the season in fine form, & will be very difficult to beat, providing they can get Craig McCracken to join the club.

Good luck & best wishes to every Junior team next season.

got 4 strikers but. Forde grehan. Mcternan,McElroy, and last seasons top scorer just resigned who played up top half the season meechan. Grehan took a while to adjust to our level but once he did we scored plenty.

you have two strikers McTernan and McElroy are wingers,no top team goes with only 2

you have two strikers McTernan and McElroy are wingers,no top team goes with only 2

mcternan signed as striker agree mcelroy a winger but also played up top for Queen's Park. You know yourself were not gonna bring many more in so this is how we will go these 2 and Meeks as back up for forde and grehan if you can keep forde and grehan fit all season they won't be displaced from the team and if they are it'll likely be Meeks

I wasnt sure if these fixtures were real it first but seem so................ can anyone point out when or more likely if all the previous seasons FIVE league champions started their campaigns with away fixtures?

Could be his weakness, Feroz Moore Diack Barr and Turner must have about 12 goals between them

To be honest fear no foe the guy has got a very good point .

All apart from maybe turner were all very much past their best when signed for ladeside for no small wages and never really done it mate.

think he's meaning it's swifts weakness bringing in goalscorering striker.

Honestly mate if ladeside had kenny Mclean and Andy Reid up front I reckon that they would have won the west of scotland cup 2008/2009 , the super premier league 2009/2010 and the scottish cup 2015 /2016 just like us :) :) ;)

Alain Kinney, Jamie Longworth and Paul McCann had 204 goals between them.

Whats your point caller?

the infamous 5 got 15 between them.

I like Grehan and Forde as a partnership but no way can you only go with two strikers, think you will see the number of midfielders reduced by the end of the fannybaws cup.

Think last year's top 3 will stay the same but in a different order.

Troon definitely pushing there, think we could too but lot will depend on impact if any of the big Scottish, it affected us massively last time when I thought we were still the best team around for first half of season until we imploded.

Definitely should expand the league, yes very competitive but the quality suffers at the end.

I'd happily lose the sectional cup for 4 more league games.

League will go to the wire this season, with the usual outcome of talbot being the most consistent. Hate to say it but so far I think pollok have done the best buisness in strengthening so far. It should be enough to keep them safe.

Beith to retain the Junior cup though.

8 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

If Beith retain the Junior Cup I will EAT the Junior Cup. I'll pay for a replacement though.

1 hour ago, Talbot Bing said:

One of the most difficult things to do. Not many teams have achieved this to date.

No arguing wi that,TB and I believe that cartographer Ernie(currently trying to locate the source of the Nith  :unsure:) is still receiving dental treatment following his latest unsuccessful attempt at this. :(

On the plus side though,we don't have to worry about our premier trophy melting. :)683d.jpg

Archived