2 weeks ago

ahemps

Watching the Somme memorial stuff on now, and remembering my Grandads who fought at Galippolli, my Dad who fought in Egypt in WW2, both wars that were started in a fragmented Europe, and remembering the dissolution of Yugoslavia. Proud to have voted Remain.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Somme memorial stuff on now, and remembering my Grandads who fought at Galippolli, my Dad who fought in Egypt in WW2, both wars that were started in a fragmented Europe, and remembering the dissolution of Yugoslavia. Proud to have voted Remain.

Good for you but your vote meant nothing.

It's only English votes that mattered.

Independence is the only way.

Get our pride, our common-sense and our country back. :thumsup2

Hmmmm.

Good for you but your vote meant nothing.

It's only English votes that mattered.

Independence is the only way.

Get our pride, our common-sense and our country back. :thumsup2

It was a UK wide vote on a UK wide issue.

Democracy in action . In fact, a referendum is the most democratic way to decide an issue.

When Nationalists decry democracy we are in an ugly place.

The EU is good for the continent. It's bad for this island nation.

You are no less Scottish outwith the EU.

Democracy in action . In fact, a referendum is the most democratic way to decide an issue.

It wasn't a "UK wide issue" as you put it. Because EU membership was never really an issue in Scotland. Scotland and England have their own separate economies that occasionally meet in the middle. If England can decide what's best for their own economy, even if it's detrimental to our own. Then they will continue to do so. You don't see the problem there?

And you will, of course, be proud to vote No in any future Scottish referendum on the same basis? :rolleyes:

Or maybe it doesn't work like that?

It wasn't a "UK wide issue" as you put it. Because EU membership was never really an issue in Scotland. Scotland and England have their own separate economies that occasionally meet in the middle. If England can decide what's best for their own economy, even if it's detrimental to our own. Then they will continue to do so. You don't see the problem there?

Only recently has keeping EU membership not been an issue in Scotland. I think it may be easy to find the reasons why that has changed. Conveniently overlooked by SNP supporters.

Only recently has keeping EU membership not been an issue in Scotland. I think it may be easy to find the reasons why that has changed. Conveniently overlooked by SNP supporters.

Do tell. How recent and what are these reasons?

It wasn't an issue because nobody in Scotland had an issue with it. Now that its effectively being pulled from under our feet, we're starting to see signs of the kind of effect its going to have.

Reading some of your recent "take back" posts, I thought you were well versed with History. If you are that interested, go and find out.

I'd be interested in your spin on the SNP's alleged "recent" conversion to favouring the EU and the reasons behind it. I'm surprised you're so coy.

McSpreader you do haver shite all the time.

What is democratic about one country having almost ten times the voting power of the other country

and having the ability to influence & confirm every single issue?

I asked you a question in another thread which you declined to answer.

It's also appropriate to this thread in regard to your post.

Here it is in case you missed it.

SLab might support independence?

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/231880-slab-might-support-independence/page-4

McSpreader:

Or to put it another way...

There is one union where Scotland , which has never been independent in the modern or pre-modern era,

is achieving ever greater autonomy and control over it's own affairs and where it's people can fully express

their national identity all the while supported by other friendly home nations.

Or another union where Scotland will be forced into ever closer union with the rest of the members and have

fewer and fewer powers and legislative capability and lose it's unique identity as it becomes homogenised into

a bland EuroCitizen identity and it's population will change from Scottish to EuroMash.

I'm not saying either is wrong but one is probably more preferable.

Me:

McSpreader you're spreading shite.

…is achieving ever greater autonomy and control over it's own affairs

56 out of the 59 Scottish MP's do not want nuclear weapons stored in Scotland.

58 (I think) out of 59 voted NOT to bomb a middle-eastern country.

Please explain - it's people can fully express their national identity all the while supported by other friendly home nations.

I'm not saying either is wrong but one is probably more preferable.

I agree with that - guess which one I would pick?

I'd be interested in your spin on the SNP's alleged "recent" conversion to favouring the EU and the reasons behind it. I'm surprised you're so coy.

I am not surprised that you are too lazy.

I don't have access to a computer at the moment but their is a paper written in 2010 by the SEI on the SNP relationship with Europe.

In terms of the Scottish people, the SSA shows that the vast majority of people think that Europe has too much say over our lives, with a clear preference for this to be reduced.

I am not surprised that you are too lazy.

I don't have access to a computer at the moment but their is a paper written in 2010 by the SEI on the SNP relationship with Europe.

In terms of the Scottish people, the SSA shows that the vast majority of people think that Europe has too much say over our lives, with a clear preference for this to be reduced.

I'm not surprised you're shitting yourself at being challenged on opinionated claims you'd prefer went unchallenged.

It's a simple question. You've claimed the SNP "recently" changed their stance on the EU and for obvious reason. If that's so, which year did that volte-face occur and why? I can't believe you need computer access you apparently don't have at the moment to justify your claims.

McSpreader you do haver shite all the time.

What is democratic about one country having almost ten times the voting power of the other country

and having the ability to influence & confirm every single issue?

#I asked you a question in another thread which you declined to answer.#

It's also appropriate to this thread in regard to your post.

Here it is in case you missed it.

SLab might support independence?

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/231880-slab-might-support-independence/page-4

McSpreader:

Or to put it another way...

There is one union where Scotland , which has never been independent in the modern or pre-modern era,

is achieving ever greater autonomy and control over it's own affairs and where it's people can fully express

their national identity all the while supported by other friendly home nations.

Or another union where Scotland will be forced into ever closer union with the rest of the members and have

fewer and fewer powers and legislative capability and lose it's unique identity as it becomes homogenised into

a bland EuroCitizen identity and it's population will change from Scottish to EuroMash.

I'm not saying either is wrong but one is probably more preferable.

Me:

McSpreader you're spreading shite.

…is achieving ever greater autonomy and control over it's own affairs

56 out of the 59 Scottish MP's do not want nuclear weapons stored in Scotland.

58 (I think) out of 59 voted NOT to bomb a middle-eastern country.

Please explain - it's people can fully express their national identity all the while supported by other friendly home nations.

I'm not saying either is wrong but one is probably more preferable.

I agree with that - guess which one I would pick?

not answering questions put to him seems to be a recurring theme.

I'm not surprised you're shitting yourself at being challenged on opinionated claims you'd prefer went unchallenged.

It's a simple question. You've claimed the SNP "recently" changed their stance on the EU and for obvious reason. If that's so, which year did that volte-face occur and why? I can't believe you need computer access you apparently don't have at the moment to justify your claims.

Perhaps you should read posts before jumping to your SNP good, incorporating union. Blah blah blah .

I never stated that the SNP recently changed their stance on the EU. If you read the paper that I referred to, I think you will find that the SNP changed back to pro-europe circa. 1980. I stated that SNP supporters have recently changed. You do see the difference in the two things?

Perhaps you should read posts before jumping to your SNP good, incorporating union. Blah blah blah .

I never stated that the SNP recently changed their stance on the EU. If you read the paper that I referred to, I think you will find that the SNP changed back to pro-europe circa. 1980. I stated that SNP supporters have recently changed. You do see the difference in the two things?

What you said:

"Only recently has keeping EU membership not been an issue in Scotland. I think it may be easy to find the reasons why that has changed. Conveniently overlooked by SNP supporters"

Slightly confusing, but what you appear to be saying is that SNP supporters have conveniently overlooked a recent change in the EU not being an issue in Scotland (?!). I'm assuming you mean that the issue of EU membership has only recently become an issue to SNP supporters, despite the party advocating "independence in Europe" for twenty-six years and including it in their last referendum campaign and White Paper. As such, I'd love to see the evidence of EU membership only recently becoming an issue to SNP supporters.

What you said:

"Only recently has keeping EU membership not been an issue in Scotland. I think it may be easy to find the reasons why that has changed. Conveniently overlooked by SNP supporters"

Slightly confusing, but what you appear to be saying is that SNP supporters have conveniently overlooked a recent change in the EU not being an issue in Scotland (?!). I'm assuming you mean that the issue of EU membership has only recently become an issue to SNP supporters, despite the party advocating "independence in Europe" for twenty-six years and including it in their last referendum campaign and White Paper. As such, I'd love to see the evidence of EU membership only recently becoming an issue to SNP supporters.

It really isn't difficult for anyone to understand if the actually look at the rise in popularity of the SNP and Scotland's attitude to Europe.

You have already made a c**t of yourself on this with your completely made up assertions. I have previously posted some reference material for you to read. Perhaps if you did this then you would be a little more enlightened as to the reasons behind my comments rather than your uninformed guesses and mis-quotes.

It really isn't difficult for anyone to understand if the actually look at the rise in popularity of the SNP and Scotland's attitude to Europe.

You have already made a c**t of yourself on this with your completely made up assertions. I have previously posted some reference material for you to read. Perhaps if you did this then you would be a little more enlightened as to the reasons behind my comments rather than your uninformed guesses and mis-quotes.

I think the only c**t here is the one that queefed out that absolute abortion of post I quoted. But by all means, dodge answering questions on it. We'll all try and guess the cryptic meaning behind:

"Only recently has keeping EU membership not been an issue in Scotland. I think it may be easy to find the reasons why that has changed. Conveniently overlooked by SNP supporters."

Let's try with it again. Are you saying EU membership is now "not an issue in Scotland", and that has come about only recently? Further, your bizarre post strongly suggests also that SNP supporters are conveniently overlooking this ostensible shift.

You can hardly blame me for making "uninformed guesses" and "misquotes" when the post to which I originally replied would require three interpreters and an Enigma machine to decode. Of course if you'd actually explain yourself what you meant and how the SNP's shift in policy in 1980 has made its supporters "overlook" anything recently, the mystery would be solved. Instead you seem to want to defer your meaning, and from the look of it that's to cover up your constant derision of EssEnPeee supporters leading you this time to condemn them for ... well, we don't quite know what. Hings.

Archived