2 weeks ago

ahemps

2 weeks ago I discussed remain or leave with friends, workmates, family etc, out of 50+ people of all ages, races, professions, life situations everyone was pretty much maybes aye, maybes naw. Nobody really seemed that fussed. Its hilarious on here that it seems now like a matter of life and death and folk going crazy as it seems it has to lead to indy 2. I could vote either way in an indy 2, whoever convinces me most and what seems the best option but being in or out the EU will be a minimal factor in my decision.

Why are some so desperate to be in the EU? I voted remain but can see positives in leave so why not see how it goes?

Equally yes or no I'd take the decision and see what we can get from it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a mibbe aye, mibbe naw last week but I eventually decided to abstain as I knew it would be the English voters decision whether we were in or out.

As another poster said he was going to vote leave so that he could enjoy the seethe.

If I was going to vote it would probably have been the same for the same reason.

But no matter how anyone in Scotland voted it showed why we have to leave the UK.

In any major decision regarding Scotland or the UK it is English votes/politicians who make the decisions.

No for me, so independence is the only answer.

I was a maybe aye maybe naw. I don't really think anyone is talking about a life and death situation. Politics is interesting at the moment and there's been a lot of discussion on it, you know because it's a politics forum.

Apart from that, good thread. Well done

I was a maybe aye maybe naw. I don't really think anyone is talking about a life and death situation. Politics is interesting at the moment and there's been a lot of discussion on it, you know because it's a politics forum.

Apart from that, good thread. Well done

Fair point but I'm sure someone last week mentioned word war III.

That was going to happen if we left.

And the end of the "peace process" over here.

Plus an emergency budget IMMEDIATELY after a leave vote.

Not to mention the lies told by the other side.

Add that to the Project Fear of the Scotish Referendum, it's no wonder that people have a low opinion of (most) politicians.

2 weeks ago I thought those who consider themselves on the left would be against the political union that is the EU and they would respect the democratic result of the referendum. I was sadly disappointed.

2 weeks ago I thought those who consider themselves on the left would be against the political union that is the EU and they would respect the democratic result of the referendum. I was sadly disappointed.

Away and no talk shite.

No matter how ye tart it up it was English votes that made the decision to leave.

I'm actually easy-oasy on the result but to pretend that an overwhelmingly majority of English voters in the UK is somehow democratic is crap.

Unless of course you accept that Scotland is just a minor region of the UK.

If ye dinnae accept that then independence (Scottish) is the only solution.

That was going to happen if we left.

And the end of the "peace process" over here.

Plus an emergency budget IMMEDIATELY after a leave vote.

Not to mention the lies told by the other side.

Add that to the Project Fear of the Scotish Referendum, it's no wonder that people have a low opinion of (most) politicians.

You're talking tae the converted :thumsup2

It's true that the further left you go broadly speaking the more folk were on the leave side. I don't think this referendum was an argument for democracy regardless of who won. If anything I'd say it sealed the case for a proportional system of election at a national level so that political change can be nuanced rather than binary and ill-informed (on both sides).

On the other hand I think both EURef and Indyref part I have shown that the argument 'voting changes nothing' is nonsense.

Aye, but you're my age (maybe older), these youngsters have a lot to learn...

:lol: :lol: I certainly look aulder - I was born the day before they relieved Stalingrad (nae comments).

As for the bairns, some of them HAVE a lot tae learn :thumsup2

Edit: It might have been the day efter (my memory's no whit it used tae be).

The only people who mentioned that were Brexiters taking the pish out of the Remain campaign. It is a bit unsettling how much the extreme right in Europe have been boosted by the vote though.

The only people who mentioned that were Brexiters taking the pish out of the Remain campaign. It is a bit unsettling how much the extreme right in Europe have been boosted by the vote though.

At least it's no Armageddon - fair point re the ultra right :thumsup2

2 Weeks ago I thought that those on the left would turn on Jeremy Corbyn if he didn't start seriously taking on in the jingoistic, anti-immigrant facism-lite that seemed to have grabbed a toehold  in England and cost one labour MP her life.

2 Weeks ago I thought that those on the left would turn on Jeremy Corbyn if he didn't start seriously taking on in the jingoistic, anti-immigrant facism-lite that seemed to have grabbed a toehold  in England and cost one labour MP her life.

Two weeks ago, I thought that Labour might deal with the anti-semitism that is spreading through the party. Instead, there was a whitewash report and Corbyn collaborated with a Momentum journalist to smear a Jewish MP.

Two weeks ago I thought a significant proportion of the electorate were thundering racist fucktards. Still do tbh.

Two weeks ago I thought Forfar was a grotty little backwater full of inbred, knuckle-dragging Angry little Nativists. Still do tbh.

Archived