Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Aye would say we are probably third or fourth favorites now for the league but we have a good squad now with danny signing back so we should go for it with no pressure the other clubs are expected to challenge so have that little bit more pressure in expectation from fans etc.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge game tomorrow for you boys tomorrow. I'll be looking out for the score with interest.

I'm thinking if I was a Roy supporter, a draw would be a decent result down there?? 

Talbot pretty formidable down at Beechwood, and it would still keep you in the mix for the league.

Can't speak on behalf of the Management and there thoughts on the game but for me a draw would be a positive result. It stops Talbot gaining ground on us, although we would slip further behind Glens we still have to play them twice.

Saying that you can't really go and play for a draw so I'll take all 3 points instead! 

We certainly shouldn't go their and try and play for a draw but would definitely take a point as a previous post said it means Talbot don't gain on us then the games against glens become the big ones hopefully then get a positive result at home to Talbot it's all ifs and buts the now but a good end of season for the fans anything is possible but agree with r&b we probably the outsiders now but who knows [emoji106][emoji460]

4 hours ago, plug mac said:

We certainly shouldn't go their and try and play for a draw but would definitely take a point as a previous post said it means Talbot don't gain on us then the games against glens become the big ones hopefully then get a positive result at home to Talbot it's all ifs and buts the now but a good end of season for the fans anything is possible but agree with r&b we probably the outsiders now but who knows emoji106.pngemoji460.png

Rabs will have to be wary of what Talbot did to Buffs,in the Scottish last Saturday......they came out 'all guns blazing',& scored within the first minute! Their 2nd goal within 15 minutes,gave Buffs a 'mountain to climb',& killed the game,as it proved to be. Should be a cracking match,just the same! :thumsup2

Rabs will have to be wary of what Talbot did to Buffs,in the Scottish last Saturday......they came out 'all guns blazing',& scored within the first minute! Their 2nd goal within 15 minutes,gave Buffs a 'mountain to climb',& killed the game,as it proved to be. Should be a cracking match,just the same! :thumsup2

Agree BrB but I'm sure maxi has done his homework and more football be on show 2 mora the rose won convincingly last week but we where poor it was like a game of ping pong TBH no football at all no midfield play just punt expect good match 2 mora [emoji106]

Looking forward to a good game today! team should be ready to come out all guns blazing,to get over last week's game.

Comon the Roy!

Still in it to win it! will be the attitude and we know team are capable! these last nine games are going to be really interesting and close I can't call it but would not discount any of the top four at this stage.

Good luck all

Hard luck today boys supporters bus was gutted heading up the road but thats fitba you win some and lose some. Big decisions at the bigger venues tend to go against visiting team so we just need to live with that.

Having only one recognized center back wasn't ideal what with buchanan and barr missing and talbot refusing to let boyle sign for us  gary had to be shoe horned into cb.

In football you will always get those who come out with nonsense like we are a 'gang ' like from the talbot fan and you will always get those like the pollok fan agreeing with him the cheek of said pollok fan six red cards pollok players have had against us in the last handful of games , 4 in a disgraceful twenty minute period where gary mcmenamin the very player he was having  a go at was kicked all over newlandsfield but kept his discipline ( video highlights strangely didn't show all this) a manager who has served a six month ban reduced from 10 , what can you say about this kind of nonsense . You will also get clubs like kilwinning and hurlford who have commented on us having been best team they have played so make of all that what you will.

If we had got a point today which we deserved we would have went back top granted glens have a game in hand . We are still second have only 3 away games left and 5 at home we still have a chance to finish very high up the table but even 4th would be a fantastic achievement for us given everything. A record points total is also certain as well as a chance of a second cup of the season so lots of positives any rabs supporters reading this stay positive and keep supporting the team like you have so well all season !!

Hard luck today boys supporters bus was gutted heading up the road but thats fitba you win some and lose some. Big decisions at the bigger venues tend to go against visiting team so we just need to live with that.
Having only one recognized center back wasn't ideal what with buchanan and barr missing and talbot refusing to let boyle sign for us  gary had to be shoe horned into cb.
In football you will always get those who come out with nonsense like we are a 'gang ' like from the talbot fan and you will always get those like the pollok fan agreeing with him the cheek of said pollok fan six red cards pollok players have had against us in the last handful of games , 4 in a disgraceful twenty minute period where gary mcmenamin the very player he was having  a go at was kicked all over newlandsfield but kept his discipline ( video highlights strangely didn't show all this) a manager who has served a six month ban reduced from 10 , what can you say about this kind of nonsense . You will also get clubs like kilwinning and hurlford who have commented on us having been best team they have played so make of all that what you will.
If we had got a point today which we deserved we would have went back top granted glens have a game in hand . We are still second have only 3 away games left and 5 at home we still have a chance to finish very high up the table but even 4th would be a fantastic achievement for us given everything. A record points total is also certain as well as a chance of a second cup of the season so lots of positives any rabs supporters reading this stay positive and keep supporting the team like you have so well all season !!

Meltdown!

Gutted after yesterday's result. Although we were better than last week this has been the biggest two games of the season we haven't played to our potential we showed at the start of the season when it matters.

Thought overall to be completely honest Talbot were the better team for the majority of the game then just defended well when they went down to 10 men.

We can't really complain when we barely had a shot on target until near the end.

I am never critical of Maxi however yesterday I was very surprised with his team selection, I have only seen new signing, Johnstone? now twice and without being harsh hasn't made much of an impact find it surprising he started ahead of both Watt and Mackie who have given us success previously. Also I saw Barr there but not even in the squad? Again thought he wasn't great last week but surely he wasn't dropped completely? Presuming he must of been injured. Saying that Gary McM was solid at the back, barely put a foot wrong, was probably my MOTM! 

The pivotal moment of the game .. the goal, everyone in the ground could see he was 2/3 yards offside and the only season Walker has headed it is because he is right behind him so of course he is interfering with play?? One of the worst decisions I have seen this season and came at a vital time. 

Although we weren't overly dangerous I think we would have held on for a point had it not been for that.

Does anyone know how long Fraser is out for? Could of done with him in the middle of the park yesterday? 

Disapointing last two weeks for the Roy but at least still lots to play for.

Gutted after yesterday's result. Although we were better than last week this has been the biggest two games of the season we haven't played to our potential we showed at the start of the season when it matters.
Thought overall to be completely honest Talbot were the better team for the majority of the game then just defended well when they went down to 10 men.
We can't really complain when we barely had a shot on target until near the end.
I am never critical of Maxi however yesterday I was very surprised with his team selection, I have only seen new signing, Johnstone? now twice and without being harsh hasn't made much of an impact find it surprising he started ahead of both Watt and Mackie who have given us success previously. Also I saw Barr there but not even in the squad? Again thought he wasn't great last week but surely he wasn't dropped completely? Presuming he must of been injured. Saying that Gary McM was solid at the back, barely put a foot wrong, was probably my MOTM! 
The pivotal moment of the game .. the goal, everyone in the ground could see he was 2/3 yards offside and the only season Walker has headed it is because he is right behind him so of course he is interfering with play?? One of the worst decisions I have seen this season and came at a vital time. 
Although we weren't overly dangerous I think we would have held on for a point had it not been for that.
Does anyone know how long Fraser is out for? Could of done with him in the middle of the park yesterday? 
Disapointing last two weeks for the Roy but at least still lots to play for.

Gutted at the goal sure play to the whistle but if the linesman sticks the flag up and people stop playing because of it then you got to feel hard done by.

Got to move on if we want to do well rest of the season.

Up to players like Gary McMenamin(Gary has-been a very good captain for us and most will agree) and even Sawyers to lead by example to ensure a good finish to what has been a good season for us.

Big Boyle should make his debut next saturday against St Rochs in the cup.

Stood watching Kirkintilloch Rob Roy at a midweek game in Cumbernauld last April. Had a right interesting chat with a supporter regarding how a club with no social club and years going by with Rob Roy playing every home away from home and yet they still are one of the top Junior clubs in Scotland.

Maybe the Rob Roy committee should enter world politics.

World peace and the end of poverty would surely follow within a few years. 

Archived